• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unconfirmed Rumor: Trout discussing extension with Angels (8 years, 350-375 million)

rafibomb

So if he signs an 8 year deal this offseason, it becomes in essence a 6 year deal because he has two left on his contract. This would make him a free agent again entering his age 35 season. Assuming he performs as well as I think he will through age 34, you're looking at 3 year deal to cap it all off. He can play until he's 38. 

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

So if he signs an 8 year deal this offseason, it becomes in essence a 6 year deal because he has two left on his contract. This would make him a free agent again entering his age 35 season. Assuming he performs as well as I think he will through age 34, you're looking at 3 year deal to cap it all off. He can play until he's 38. 

Unless it’s an 8 year extension, making it ten total? 

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I am sure it's an 8 year extension if true.  

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

No way this isn't an extension. Why would he take a 6 year deal? Makes no sense

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Trout has 2/68 left.  so adding 8/332 would put him at 10/400.  

8/350 would bring it to 10/418.  I can live with that.  

I thought a long while back that 10/400 was going to be the deal. If he signs an 8 year extension for that amount, it's a bit more than what I thought, but personally, I'm on the give-him-a-blank-check team.

8 hours ago, Second Base said:

Wouldn't an extension be added to existing contract therefore extending the contract making it 10 yrs? Otherwise wouldn't it just be ending the existing contract and signing an entirely new contract for 8 yrs?