• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout sidesteps questions about his future as he opens spring training with the Angels

AngelsWin.com

50 minutes ago, nando714 said:

When is the best time to trade trout if he doesn’t wanna resign 

next offseason 

or mid 2020 season ? 

Angels need to get something for him if he doesn’t want to be here long term

I’d hope Billy would start listening as soon as this season before the deadline to maximize his return. 

Everyone thought the Angels would spend this offseason on real talent and quit with the 1 yr deals BS but that didn’t happen. This team isn’t in a position to compete this season and it’s doubtful they’ll compete next year given the roster turnover again. 

I’m actually open to trading Trout given the amount of holes we have. Maybe we could pluck a few real pieces from the Yanks like Gleyber and Andujar.

I wish we’d just sign Machado or Harper and Trout would stay but it definitely doesn’t appear like that’s in the cards. 

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

"Obviously, losing is not fun."

He can't say it any plainer than that.

I just hope he doesn't end up wearing a Yankee uniform.

I also hope we get a boatload of talent in a trade before he finally departs. 

Yeah, I read the article and couldn't help but think he sounds like a guy who might want a change of scenery. I'd be a little surprised if he signs an extension.

59 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Nationals chose not to trade Harper  ... I don’t believe the Angels will even consider trading Trout until the 2020 trade deadline.

Once he rejected 10/300 last off-season (I think) They shoukd have gotten a couple major league ready guys and couple high end prospects for Harper . I bet they’d re do that scenario 

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

From the article

Trout says....
I like it here
I like the direction the team is going
I like the guys Billy has brought in and he's made the team better
I think the biggest problem has been the injuries
I think we can win if we stay healthy.

Oh yeah, I get harassed daily about Philly.

But he didn't say OMG I WANNA SIGN NAAAAAAOOO...

So, concerning...

Those comments are typical of any player when talking about their own team.

Trout was asked "Do you want to stay here beyond 2020?" -  Trout  "Uhhh, I dont want to comment on that" then quickly changes subject.

44 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Those comments are typical of any player when talking about their own team.

Trout was asked "Do you want to stay here beyond 2020?" -  Trout  "Uhhh, I dont want to comment on that" then quickly changes subject.

The comments you chose to focus on are also common for a player in his situation.   

20 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The comments you chose to focus on are also common for a player in his situation.   

No player was hounded about his next contract three and even four years before it expires. At some point I think the Angels need to file a complaint with MLB (who are part of this stupidity) and say back off. The Angels organization and Mike Trout should not be subject to this crap. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No player was hounded about his next contract three and even four years before it expires. At some point I think the Angels need to file a complaint with MLB (who are part of this stupidity) and say back off. The Angels organization and Mike Trout should not be subject to this crap. 

A complaint against who?

7 hours ago, NJHalo said:

Hopefully he's getting annoyed by all the local Philly fans constantly bothering him about it, and clogging up his social media pages, and he will prefer the more relaxed atmosphere he has in Anaheim. 

There are drawbacks to playing close to home. Friends and acquaintances will expect favors (and tickets), there will be expectations of local appearances, and so on. He may prefer to keep work and home separate. We will see.

FWIW, I read nothing into his most recent statement. You don't want to tip your hand, or to negotiate in the press.

the media has to do it job and ask the question.  I don't blame them for that.  

here's my armchair psych eval on that interview:

Mike doesn't have the greatest interview skills.  It seems he gets nervous and is given a set of lines to regurgitate. 

Why would he need to be coached if nothing was going on?  

No comment.  No comment on what?  When there's nothing going on you don't say 'no comment'.  You say there's nothing going on.  But he's not going to say that because he's not a liar.  So instead he says he doesn't want to comment on that.  On what?  The only 'what' is a contract extension.  It's not like he could be courted by other teams and it's very unlikely that he's made an absolute decision not to stay at this point.  

The last time he said 'no comment', he signed an extension a month later.  

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There are drawbacks to playing close to home. Friends and acquaintances will expect favors (and tickets), there will be expectations of local appearances, and so on. He may prefer to keep work and home separate. We will see.

FWIW, I read nothing into his most recent statement. You don't want to tip your hand, or to negotiate in the press.

So much more truth in this than people realize...

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

the media has to do it job and ask the question.  I don't blame them for that.  

here's my armchair psych eval on that interview:

Mike doesn't have the greatest interview skills.  It seems he gets nervous and is given a set of lines to regurgitate. 

I think he has great interview skills precisely because he regurgitates the same lines over and over again. 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

2D2BEE4C-0310-430C-A57F-CAFD3D37D774.gif.99ca6713a0681d1591a5ab91fd886381.gif

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

This is a question that has no immediate timeline to be asked. They are being assholes creating a storyline that doesn't exist.

Storyline that doesn't exist?

It's a storyline that is posted here practically every day, and it started about 4 days after he signed his last extension.