• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels pick up veteran lefty reliever Dan Jennings

AngelsWin.com

TEMPE, Ariz. — The Angels added another experienced reliever to their bullpen mix by agreeing to terms with veteran lefty Dan Jennings on a minor-league deal Friday, according to a source.

Jennings, 31, has a career 2.96 ERA over parts of seven big league seasons.

He had a 3.22 ERA in 72 games with the Milwaukee Brewers last year. Left-handed hitters batted .226 with a .570 OPS against him last season.

The Brewers non-tendered him rather than paying him a salary of about $1.5 million in arbitration.

Jennings will make $1 million if he makes the Angels squad, with another potential $500,000 in performance bonuses.

Jennings joins a bullpen mix that was without an experienced lefty. The top relievers on the depth chart are all right-handed, with Williams Jerez as the most likely lefty to have a chance to pitch in the majors.

View the full article

9 hours ago, Fregosi said:

I like it a lefty that can get lefties out with a crazy walks/9 of .6.  Jennings seems to be a bargain.  Not sure who gets bumped from the 25.

One less from the group of Noé Ramírez, Taylor Cole, Williams Jerez, Daniel Hudson and John Curtiss.

These 6 are in, barring injury or a very bad spring: Allen, Robles, Buttrey, Garcia, Bedrosian, Jennings. 

Anderson has a good chance at a spot but he’s no lock since he has options and walks a lot of people. 

Then the aforementioned group. 

I think they may start the season with 8 relievers. 

I like this bullpen and will go on record saying that I think it will be one of the better relief corps in the league. 

If anything sinks it, it will be injuries to the rotation again, and while I like the Harvey and Cahill adds, I’ll admit I wish we had seen one other arm brought in for some added stability. 

On 2/16/2019 at 6:32 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

One less from the group of Noé Ramírez, Taylor Cole, Williams Jerez, Daniel Hudson and John Curtiss.

These 6 are in, barring injury or a very bad spring: Allen, Robles, Buttrey, Garcia, Bedrosian, Jennings. 

Anderson has a good chance at a spot but he’s no lock since he has options and walks a lot of people. 

Then the aforementioned group. 

I think they may start the season with 8 relievers. 

I agree with this. The 13 pitchers then are Skaggs, Heaney, Harvey, Barria, and Cahill. Pena has an option and is first called on from AAA. Relievers are Allen, Buttrey, Cole, Robels, Garcia, Bedrosian, Jennings, and either Noe Ramirez or Justin Anderson. Curtiss, Jerez, and Hudson all have shots too.

The 12 position players & DH are Trout, Upton, Calhoun, Pujols, Bour, Simmons, Cozart, Lucroy, and Smith. The three other players are likely two infielders and an outfielder. Fletcher, Ward, Rengifo, Bourjos, Hermosilio, Walsh, LaStella and maybe Lund.