• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Reception for Morales

When he signed with Boras, he lost my attention. I knew then it was only a matter of time. The applause was fine for him. Remember, we need a Make Noise lighted banner to remind us we have a pulse. I am comfortable stating that we have the most withdrawn and anti vocal fan base in the game. It is what it is. At least we show up.

I was really bummed when Edmonds finally returned against the Angels late in his career as a Brewer and it was like no one had ever heard of him. I love the Angels but overal don't find our fans as the most knowledgable or passionate. 

You're talking over 10 years that had passed. He had some good years with us, but not a real influence on the team when you think about it.

I was really bummed when Edmonds finally returned against the Angels late in his career as a Brewer and it was like no one had ever heard of him. I love the Angels but overal don't find our fans as the most knowledgable or passionate. 

That's because most of the Angels fans probably hadn't heard of Jim Edmonds.  He was before 2002.  The year our "fan base" quadrupled.  I hate to say it, but--just because the Angels have more fans than the average major league franchise, it doesn't mean that those fans have a very high baseball IQ.  Some of the conversations I hear at the ballpark are unbelievably idiotic.  Half the crowd at Angel Stadium cries for the starting pitcher to be taken out if he gives up two runs in the first inning.  Nobody has any clue about bullpen management.  I tried to explain to someone once that a sinker baller usually takes an inning or so to find his groove.  The guy looked at me like I'd asked him to solve the riddle of the Sphinx.        

I am an angels fan.  I don't give a sh*t about players and how many All Star teams they were on with the Rangers or St. Louis (stupid billboard) and I don't really care about them once they leave. 

you mean you don't care that Joe Blanton got a world series appearance with the Phillies, Iannetta got one with the Rockies, and Mike Scioscia got two with the Dodgers?   :(