• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Angels Spring Training News & Gameday Thread

Chuck

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

It's a rarity to find a prospect I don't recognize.  Adrian de Horta.... never heard of him. But that velo, the extension, the filthy change up,  the ability to throw strikes and the joy and moxie he is showing on the mound. The scout in my is salivating. 

yeah.  he looked legit.  that was a smooth an easy 96/97.  When he threw his first pitch I was thinking it would be 91/92 and then 95 popped up.  Thought to myself 'that can't be right'.  But sure enough.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

yeah.  he looked legit.  that was a smooth an easy 96/97.  When he threw his first pitch I was thinking it would be 91/92 and then 95 popped up.  Thought to myself 'that can't be right'.  But sure enough.  

That was unbelievable.  Free and easy mid tip upper 90's. No sweat. Paints the corners as if he just does it for fun. Drops in a bugs bunny change up and has a, "oh this is fun" smile on his face the whole time.

You can bet I'll be paying close attention to this de Horta kid this year. He looks like he won't need much time in the minors. 

Sandoval has alot of similarities to Keuchel.  both have similar Mechanics, both aren't over powering but solid stuff. I see alot of similarities between Keuchels slider/Slurve and Sandoval Curve. Keuchel throws a 2seam and cutter while Sandoval throws a 4seam which has cut movement. the difference between them I think is mechanic and how much that changeup is progressing. I don't think that Sandoval will be a Cy young anytime but I think we got a hidden gem.