Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

AOC Thread

The most irritating part about all the recent AOC drama, seeing people come to her defense suggesting the only reason people are going after her is because shes a woman of color.  
im not no, you open your mouth and get called on it thats not racist or sexist, you dont get to hide behind demographics for being flat out wrong.   Between her and Oman the demographic defense is getting really old really fast. 

20 minutes ago, floplag said:

The most irritating part about all the recent AOC drama, seeing people come to her defense suggesting the only reason people are going after her is because shes a woman of color.  
im not no, you open your mouth and get called on it thats not racist or sexist, you dont get to hide behind demographics for being flat out wrong.   Between her and Oman the demographic defense is getting really old really fast. 

You genuinely think the attacks on Ilhan Omar are good faith criticisms and not motivated by who she is ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

7562768A-A5F4-4FCE-9B99-4A7D1AF7FDDD.jpeg

“Demographic defense”

ive got news for you flop.  People are trying to get this woman killed.  Actively trying to incite violence against her.  Forget about her progressive policies.  It’s not about that.  It’s because she’s stated objective truths about the power of the Israeli state over our politicians.  And also, she dared to speak truth about that fuc*king ghoul Eliott Abrams.  That man should be in a dog crate in the cargo section of a plane flying to The Hague. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You genuinely think the attacks on Ilhan Omar are good faith criticisms and not motivated by who she is ?

I cant speak for all, and im sure some might think that way, but i do not considering it is her own words being attacked.  I personally dont think it matters who she is and would say the same about a white dude from Texas.  I dont think its appropriate for once of our own elected officials to suggest the death of one of our allies, do you?  

1 minute ago, floplag said:

I cant speak for all, and im sure some might think that way, but i do not considering it is her own words being attacked.  I personally dont think it matters who she is and would say the same about a white dude from Texas.  I dont think its appropriate for once of our own elected officials to suggest the death of one of our allies, do you?  

When did she suggest the death of one of our allies ?

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

“Demographic defense”

ive got news for you flop.  People are trying to get this woman killed.  Actively trying to incite violence against her. 

Well i damned sure don't condone the violence on either side over politics, but as for inciting violence perhaps she should pick her own words more carefully as she has done exactly the same to others.... again, in her own words.   A person cannot call someone names then claim to be offended when they do the same to her.  
I do not wish her any ill will and i hope none of that come to pass in either direction. 

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

Well i damned sure don't condone the violence on either side over politics, but as for inciting violence perhaps she should pick her own words more carefully as she has done exactly the same to others.... again, in her own words.   A person cannot call someone names then claim to be offended when they do the same to her.  
I do not wish her any ill will and i hope none of that come to pass in either direction. 

Choose her words carefully ? What words did she speak ? Be specific about it.  What did she say that was so horrendous?

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Choose her words carefully ? What words did she speak ? Be specific about it.  What did she say that was so horrendous?

You are smarter than this UTH, youve read the same tweets i have, her own party has now rebuked her for the comments.  I dont know what youre expecting me to say here but im not debating something her own party has determined to be factual with you. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, floplag said:

You are smarter than this UTH, youve read the same tweets i have, her own party has now rebuked her for the comments.  I dont know what youre expecting me to say here but im not debating something her own party has determined to be factual with you. 

I know what she said.  I asked what you think she said.  And honestly, I’m sort of doubting that you know specifically what the comments were.  There was nothing remarkable about her comments.  Not only that. They’re 100% accurate.  And I don’t give a shit about the bullshit lip service the spineless democratic leadership gives to these people.  Nancy Pelosi is a purely political creature.  And the “rebuke” you’re talking about is exactly evidence of what Omar is talking about. 

it doesn’t even matter what she said.  This shit was coming no matter what. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I know what she said.  I asked what you think she said.  And honestly, I’m sort of doubting that you know specifically what the comments were.  There was nothing remarkable about her comments.  Not only that. They’re 100% accurate.  And I don’t give a shit about the bullshit lip service the spineless democratic leadership gives to these people.  Nancy Pelosi is a purely political creature.  And the “rebuke” you’re talking about is exactly evidence of what Omar is talking about. 

it doesn’t even matter what she said.  This shit was coming no matter what. 

You lost me here... and your doubts about my knowledge are matched by my assumptions that you are giving her far more benefit of the doubt than she deserves on a partisan level.