Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

AOC Thread

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Apparently, Alexandria's boyfriend was granted a Congressional email account.

Congrats, FS79!

That has to set some red hats ablaze. 

download (8).jpg

Hope you guys don't need a hip replacement or anything else that might cost money when you get old.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/aoc-aide-no-covered-hip-replacements-for-oldsters/

The universal health coverage, planned as part of the Green New Deal, would apparently not cover hip replacements for the elderly or private rooms in hospitals. At least, that is what Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s senior counsel and policy advisor, Dan Riffle — a former marijuana activist, whose Twitter slogan is, Every billionaire a policy failure” — tweeted Tuesday:

Private rooms, 5th Avenue offices, hip replacements for octogenarians, the public plan will no longer cover them. Cosmetic surgery…For the public plan to work, it can’t pay for literally everything, which means there will be a market for things it doesn’t.

Apparently getting pushback on this, Riffle tried to recant:

I take it back. We’ll do the hip replacements. Many reconstructive surgeries are ill-advised for folks past a certain age b/c recovery is too difficult, but apparently that’s not the case with this particular one. I do policy, not orthopedics.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Apparently getting pushback on this, Riffle tried to recant:

I take it back. We’ll do the hip replacements. Many reconstructive surgeries are ill-advised for folks past a certain age b/c recovery is too difficult, but apparently that’s not the case with this particular one. I do policy, not orthopedics.

you do weed, buddy 

I wonder when the first lawsuits in Stockton will be filed over “only” getting $500 or being passed over on the list. 

I’m gonna venture a guess at around March 15.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:34 PM, Tank said:

the immediate downside to this program is that you have to live in stockton.

I had an unsolicited inquiry about a job there a while back, an administrative role in a chain of local health care clinics. When I asked around here, I forget who said it, but someone said that it was "like living in Damascus", literally the worst place in California to live.

“I think it’s (Trump’s proposed border wall) a moral abomination…I think it’s like the Berlin Wall. I think it’s like any other wall designed to separate human beings and block out people who are running away from the humanitarian disasters. I just think it’s wrong.” (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Feb, 20.)

Really, Alex?! 

Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY) responded to questions from supporters Sunday in an Instagram Live session, explaining her Green New Deal and why “we’re screwed on climate” and are dying.

“The whole premise of the Green New Deal is that we’re screwed on climate,” she said. “Like, I’m sorry to break it to you. If we do nothing, there is no hope, period. That’s just a principle across the board. If we do not act there is no hope. The only time we can hope is when we act. But when it comes to climate in particular, we’re actually screwed.”

She continued: “There is a global threat to the planet. A global threat. At this point, we don’t even have to prove it — just walk outside in winter in a lot of places, and it’s either way worse than you’re used to, or way warmer than you’re used to. Hurricanes, storms, wildfires, we are dying now.”

If an asteroid were heading for our planet and its ETA were 12 years from today there would be global pandemonium 24/7. That there isn't, convinces me that she's not correct. And if she were correct she should have put her name on a bill that was at least somewhat realistic.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

If an asteroid were heading for our planet and its ETA were 12 years from today there would be global pandemonium 24/7. That there isn't, convinces me that she's not correct. And if she were correct she should have put her name on a bill that was at least somewhat realistic.

Great comparison dude!