• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2019 record

Torridd

On 2/7/2019 at 12:27 PM, Torridd said:

Piggybacking on the Pecota thread, if the Angels had no important injuries (either little injury of any starter or lengthy injury of any supporting player (6,7, or 8 starter on the roster or bullpen lessers), what would you say their record should be this season?

no important injuries?  

then 86-94 wins.  

without any major injuries, I like us as the favorite for the 2nd WC.  I think tampa is going to get beat up in the east.  The twins aren't for real.  The A's aren't for real.  The Jays could be better than expected which would further inhibit the Rays from doing well.  

With a normal/expected injury rate this is a .500 ballclub.  With the usual Angels injury rate...sub .500.

I have to chuckle reading all these prediction posts that use the qualifier "If everyone stays healthy" in the opening sentence ..yeah, right. The teams that survive injuries, because of depth, go on to October. The rest go back to the drawing board. No team "stays healthy" for a 6 months season.

5 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I have to chuckle reading all these prediction posts that use the qualifier "If everyone stays healthy" in the opening sentence ..yeah, right

and we all laugh at your post because we read the OP 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

and we all laugh at your post because we read the OP 

You're right...I didn't read it. Now, I've read it...it's like asking 'Say Christie Brinkley picks you up in a bar and takes you home, what will her post 50 body rate once you tear off her clothes?"  

9 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

You're right...I didn't read it. Now, I've read it...it's like asking 'Say Christie Brinkley picks you up in a bar and takes you home, what will her post 50 body rate once you tear off her clothes?"  

it's nothing like that 

46 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

With a normal/expected injury rate this is a .500 ballclub.  With the usual Angels injury rate...sub .500.

I have to chuckle reading all these prediction posts that use the qualifier "If everyone stays healthy" in the opening sentence ..yeah, right. The teams that survive injuries, because of depth, go on to October. The rest go back to the drawing board. No team "stays healthy" for a 6 months season.

which playoff team had to survive the loss of their top 2 starters?  

we were 9 games over .500 and on pace for 93 wins when Richards and Ohtani went down in the same week last year.  

Lots of crappy and so-so teams in the AL next year.  if we stay healthy, we could be the top so-so team. But man, Tigers, KC, Toronto, Seattle, Orioles, White Sox we should beat up on and do fairly well against Twins, Rangers, A's. that would put us up with the Indians and Rays.I think 88-90 wins is not out of the question.

No way is the 2nd wild card spot going to require 97 wins again. Just don't see it

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

which playoff team had to survive the loss of their top 2 starters?  

we were 9 games over .500 and on pace for 93 wins when Richards and Ohtani went down in the same week last year.  

Just the fact that Richards was considered the "ace" of the staff should be enough to show a serious lack of depth.