• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia/Ausmus

Torridd

If I remember correctly, Scioscia did a good job to get to 82-80 with the pitching staff that 2000 team had...that team had a good offense but the pitching was crap...better staff in 19, at least on paper, but I'm not sure the overall personnel is good enough to be much better than 82 wins....unless a lot of things fall right...

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

Scioscia's first year as a manager he went 82-80. Do you think Ausmus should do as well, better because this isn't his first year, or it's all about the personnel?

If he has a healthy po itching staff he will do better than Scioscia.  If he has four batters not suck he should do better than Scioscia.

I like Ausmus -- it was fairly obvious when he got hired as a special assistant to the owner or whatever his title was - and he was sitting in the owner's box with either Arte and/or the GM at each home game -- that he was clearly the manager in waiting,

I was OK with that - Scioscia over-stayed his time in Anaheim by about three to five years,

FUN STAT: Ausmus is Number 7 on the MLB  All Time List of Games Played (Caught) at Catcher,

7 hours ago, disarcina said:

I like Ausmus -- it was fairly obvious when he got hired as a special assistant to the owner or whatever his title was - and he was sitting in the owner's box with either Arte and/or the GM at each home game -- that he was clearly the manager in waiting,

I was OK with that - Scioscia over-stayed his time in Anaheim by about three to five years,

FUN STAT: Ausmus is Number 7 on the MLB  All Time List of Games Played (Caught) at Catcher,

He's also one of the few catchers with 100 stolen bases.

Kendall on the list - most in the modern era.

Carlton Fisk is on the list.

Russell Martin

Ivan Rodriguez.

Yadier Molina has 60 SBs, Piazza had only about 25 career total

Biggio had 71 between1988 and 1991 -- not sure if all came when he was catching in the game but he was primarily catching for the Astros during those seasons, Some of the SBs may have come in games where he did not start the game and was inserted into the game to PR late in the game and stole a base or two.

Biggio switched to 2B in 1992 - really did not catch after that -- and in 1994 led the NL in SBs with 39, had 50, his career high in about 1997 and had 38 in 1992 the first year he was not catching full time.

I don't think the MLB charts for SB by catchers listed Biggio - perhaps it's because they think he's a 2B or a CF.

Biggio is one of few guys with 400 SBs and 3,000 hits.