• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dallas Keuchel

Troll Daddy

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

Nonsense.  If thats your measuring stick, which clearly it is,  that exactly what you are hoping for, that they come back to the pack enough to make it worth it for us.    Perhaps collapse is an exaggeration but i would have thought that was obvious.  

Thank you,  And that precise thing has been said numerous times.. "it doesnt move the needle enough"   

speaking of ridiculous statements...   sheesh. 

you literally haven't understood a single post i've made.  

what I'm hoping for is that we create our own window of dominance.  Since we aren't there yet and Dallas Keuchel doesn't achieve that, then I don't want him.  Especially because the down side is paying him for crap production when we actually do get there.  

My guess is that their understanding of where they are as a franchise is based on the evaluation of their own players and has very little to do with Hou specifically.   They know where they are and they are moving in a direction based on that.  

so my 'measuring stick' is irrelevant (even though you are wrong about what you think it is).  I want them to do the best they can to be good this year while preserving what I think will make them even better in the future.  

There's  difference between being upset about the current direction of the team (which it seems you are) and translating defense of that direction from other posters as if it were the team's narrative.  

32 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not a fit....

1. If they sign Keuchel short term, it still results in losing your second round pick AND international bonus money.  Why give that up for only one year of benefit. 

2. If they sign Keuchel long term, you've got to look at whether he'll be effective by the end of the contract.  So far, everything about him screams no.  Keuchel should be good in 2019.  2020 too.  Probably pretty solid still in 2021.  But beyond that, there are some pre-existing red flags.

3. We stretched the budget for Cody Allen.  Taking the comments contextually, it's safe to say Eppler won't be spending a ton of money moving forward. 

Good point regarding the short term idea.  I didn't think of that.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Not a fit....

1. If they sign Keuchel short term, it still results in losing your second round pick AND international bonus money.  Why give that up for only one year of benefit. 

2. If they sign Keuchel long term, you've got to look at whether he'll be effective by the end of the contract.  So far, everything about him screams no.  Keuchel should be good in 2019.  2020 too.  Probably pretty solid still in 2021.  But beyond that, there are some pre-existing red flags.

3. We stretched the budget for Cody Allen.  Taking the comments contextually, it's safe to say Eppler won't be spending a ton of money moving forward. 

I wouldn’t read to much into the Cody Allen signing. They may of needed Arte’s approval because they had money set aside for signing a impact pitcher if the opportunity presented itself.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

you literally haven't understood a single post i've made.  

what I'm hoping for is that we create our own window of dominance.  Since we aren't there yet and Dallas Keuchel doesn't achieve that, then I don't want him.  Especially because the down side is paying him for crap production when we actually do get there.  

My guess is that their understanding of where they are as a franchise is based on the evaluation of their own players and has very little to do with Hou specifically.   They know where they are and they are moving in a direction based on that.  

so my 'measuring stick' is irrelevant (even though you are wrong about what you think it is).  I want them to do the best they can to be good this year while preserving what I think will make them even better in the future.  

There's  difference between being upset about the current direction of the team (which it seems you are) and translating defense of that direction from other posters as if it were the team's narrative.  

If thats true were both guilty of it as you keep arguing things ive never disagreed with.  
However, when you say things like it doesnt move the needle enough on  the division or even the wildcard to make sense, it is a pretty clear statement.  

Trying to sign Keuchel makes too much sense imo. Cahill and Harvey are only one year deals coming off injury. 

Signing Keuchel to a muti- year deal would give the Angels some insurance for a few years. Keuchel isn’t a ace but the next best thing this season. He definitely moves the needle imo. It’s not like the Angels are going into season with a reliable starting pitching staff. 

16 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Trying to sign Keuchel makes too much sense imo. Cahill and Harvey are only one year deals coming off injury. 

Signing Keuchel to a muti- year deal would give the Angels some insurance for a few years. Keuchel isn’t a ace but the next best thing this season. He definitely moves the needle imo. It’s not like the Angels are going into season with a reliable starting pitching staff. 

It's all about the contract.  Maybe he isn't an "ace" exactly but if the Angels signed him, who on the roster would many people bet on to lead the team in innings and wins?

36 minutes ago, jgimondo said:

Keuchel would be the closet pitcher we have to a number 1, it`s worth  a shot on cheap deal.

Boras is his agent  ... which has something to do why he’s still available. Eppler has made several attempts to sign big free agents with no success ... which isn’t a bad thing. He’ll have a number in mind and will try to stay close to it or no deal. 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Boras is his agent  ... which has something to do why he’s still available. Eppler has made several attempts to sign big free agents with no success ... which isn’t a bad thing. He’ll have a number in mind and will try to stay close to it or no deal. 

Much better that than being baited into increasing an offer because "we have other teams interested", only to find out that there were none and we outbid ourselves.

4 hours ago, floplag said:

If thats true were both guilty of it as you keep arguing things ive never disagreed with.  
However, when you say things like it doesnt move the needle enough on  the division or even the wildcard to make sense, it is a pretty clear statement.  

that's my opinion.  Not the angels plan.  They have their own idea of what their doing regardless of what I think.  I just got done saying that my opinion is not their plan.