• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Source: Bryce Harper picks a club

Taylor

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm guessing there are about 27 or 28 teams that already know they're not going to sign Machado or Harper. 

Considering there are still 5 or 6 in the rumors your math might be off slightly , but thats still not the point.
If you are Moustakis, are you signing with anyone in the bottom half till you know what your options are?  
Till the big boys fall the rest done even know what their market is. 

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

Considering there are still 5 or 6 in the rumors your math might be off slightly , but thats still not the point.
If you are Moustakis, are you signing with anyone in the bottom half till you know what your options are?  
Till the big boys fall the rest done even know what their market is. 

you really think there are half a dozen teams in on Machado? that's crazy. i'm sure Moustakis and his agent knows what his market is. 

if this theory is correct, why is it that so many relievers have signed deals and Kimbrel is still available? how did they even know what their market was? 

31 minutes ago, Lou said:

you really think there are half a dozen teams in on Machado? that's crazy. i'm sure Moustakis and his agent knows what his market is. 

if this theory is correct, why is it that so many relievers have signed deals and Kimbrel is still available? how did they even know what their market was? 

if you believe the rumors, yes.    But the point isnt arguing over who is or is not in on Machado, i could really care less at this point and have no interest in arguing over whether its 3 or 5. 

There were FAR more relievers this off season than there are superstar bats, i personally didnt think Kimbrel was the star of the class, but thats moot.  

Yes i think he Machado and Harper are holding up other guys, you are welcome to disagree. 

13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

What was Harper thinking when he turned down $300 million from the Nats??

He thinks he's going to get more from another team? How much more? And how much more do you need to make 300 mill look disappointing?

Harper was probably overwhelmed by all of the media predictions. It would require some adjustments but I could squeeze by with 300 million. 

13 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

What was Harper thinking when he turned down $300 million from the Nats??

He thinks he's going to get more from another team? How much more? And how much more do you need to make 300 mill look disappointing?

I cant tell at this point who is more out of touch in all this, the agents, the media, the owners, the players... its clear the clubs have a plan that doesnt include these mega deals, i cant believe this really blindsided anyone that is supposed to be in the know so to speak.  

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

What made the thread title was adding "Source:"

That was my one addition to the original from the Texeira era (Teix-era?). I wish I remembered who posted that original thread so I could give due credit.

Edited by Taylor

Just now, floplag said:

I cant tell at this point who is more out of touch in all this, the agents, the media, the owners, the players... its clear the clubs have a plan that doesnt include these mega deals, i cant believe this really blindsided anyone that is supposed to be in the know so to speak.  

Boras is probably arrogant enough to believe that he can get several clubs to fight each other to exceed it. Most clubs have figured out that long term mega deals turn Pujols long before they end.