• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A certain freshman congresswoman

8 hours ago, jessecrall said:

It's right because of some combination of driving on roads, using public schools, supporting military interventions, flying on airlines that you absolutely did not want self-regulated, calling the police, having firefighters contain an inferno moving toward your neighborhood etc etc etc. If you want to complain about HOW your tax dollars are being spent, by all means do. But I feel ZERO sympathy that you only got 57% of your precious bonus. Most rich people got lucky. They didn't earn jack. I say this as someone who's made good money and been flat broke. It had nothing to do with me, my skills, my intellect or lack thereof. Mygyn Kylly made more money than everyone on this board put together for being terrible at her job so she can blow it on a luxe penthouse and pass more money onto her spoiled kids who will start life 6 steps ahead of the average person because Mommy insisted that Santa was black once and became a media rock star. If my sentiments sound like class warfare, that's only because they are.

Sorry but fuck all this.  So I use roads more than the next guy?  Call the police more than the next guy?  I can almost guarantee you I use the cops a lot less than people making less money.  Use public schools more?  Have a house in a fire risk area more than the next guy?  It’s all bullshit.   Also stop being jealous.  “Your precious bonus”.  There’s money out there to be made, go do it. 

Let's key on the "too much money" comment.

How much is too much?  How about cars, houses and yachts.  Should we limit how big they can be?  

Bill Gates has done a hell of a lot of good with his money.  It is interesting to me that some people believe that they can spend his money wiser then he does.

7 hours ago, Taylor said:

This jessecrall dude has spunk. He's kind of like a more coherent yk.

yeah, I like him.  I was halfway through this thread, and he wrote pretty much what I was thinking, only he did it more coherently.

"Taxation is theft"

Apparently nobody on this  board uses any public services.  Or has kids who go to public schools.  Or non-private universities.  Or have kids with special needs.  Or drive on roads. Or highways.  Or have older parents who are sucking more out of social security and medicare than they ever dreamed of contributing.  This board is made up of the absolute most selfish sons of bitches I have ever seen.  All for them.

MAGA, bitches!

Don't know how many of you actually read the article I linked, but the freshman congresswoman, when talking about a 70% tax rate, is pulling one from the Trump playbook:  Say something that, on the surface, is completely outrageous, and as it is talked about more and more, it doesn't seem so outrageous.

Trump says Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing and nobody now bats an eye when we know Trump is a Russian asset.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Don't know how many of you actually read the article I linked, but the freshman congresswoman, when talking about a 70% tax rate, is pulling one from the Trump playbook:  Say something that, on the surface, is completely outrageous, and as it is talked about more and more, it doesn't seem so outrageous.

Trump says Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing and nobody now bats an eye when we know Trump is a Russian asset.

parks and recreation GIF

22 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

yeah, I like him.  I was halfway through this thread, and he wrote pretty much what I was thinking, only he did it more coherently.

"Taxation is theft"

Apparently nobody on this  board uses any public services.  Or has kids who go to public schools.  Or non-private universities.  Or have kids with special needs.  Or drive on roads. Or highways.  Or have older parents who are sucking more out of social security and medicare than they ever dreamed of contributing.  This board is made up of the absolute most selfish sons of bitches I have ever seen.  All for them.

MAGA, bitches!

Aren't we essentially forced to use those things? Doesn't mean there isn't a better way to do all of that stuff.

40 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

"Taxation is theft"

MAGA, bitches!

Usage fees, sales tax are completely different animals.  I pay plenty in taxes and I really wouldn't have so much of a problem with it if the government was even somewhat responsible with the money.  Why anyone would be happy with a return of pennies on the dollar I have zero clue.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

I am far from rich, but I do make a good living.  I pay in federal taxes a ton each year.  Then when I do my taxes, it is never enough, so I pay more taxes.  This is with filing single and 0, while being married.  This is with having a large mortgage on a nice home.  This is with donating upwards to $20k a year to charity, maxing out my 401k and putting extra money into my NQD.  Hell I even pay a pretty big amount each month in alimony, which is actually my best write off.   I have never once, not once in my life thought, “well my tax dollars are being well spent”.  Never.  Not a single Facking time.  So no, I don’t agree with the Uber rich being taxed more.  Start by taxing the 50% that aren’t currently paying much if any income tax.  

No offense, but that is not the description of someone who isnt rich, youre view is skewed, i would wager your doing better than 99% of the people on this board if you can afford to donate 20K a year.  Id hate to think about what you would actually consider rich if you dont think you are based on the above.  

I do agree though that taxation needs to be fair and balanced.  How much a person makes isnt the issue, its how much each of us is expected to pay in taxes.  Flat tax makes more sense to me than literally any other proposal ive read, its fair, it makes sense.  The reason the uber rich get targeted is that it would have the largest impact. Taxing minimum wage folks more doesnt exactly gain much in terms of spendable capital but that also shouldnt remove them from the responsibility.  Not to mention the wealthy tend to be the ones that are taking advantage of the loopholes to get our of paying their fair share. 

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Hoarding it, yea, that is a crock of shit.  They earned the money.  If you want more money go out an earn it.  Don’t shit on people who did just that.  

This isnt always the case, most of the wealthy i know made it the old fashioned way, inheritance.  Now many are also self made but those with the silly bank account values had a really nice head start from the family much more often than founding a monster start up.   Plus we all know its easy to make money if you have money.  The whole "go out and earn it" line is a complete crock and is frankly dismissive of those who work their ass of to make other people rich.