• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariano Rivera Stat

ettin

LA Times article from after the game, by Buster Olney 

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/08/19/sports/baseball-erstad-steals-one-from-the-yanks.html

The Yankees hadn't blown a five-run lead in the ninth inning since May 16, 1968, at Boston's Fenway Park. The only other time they blew a five-run, ninth-inning lead at Yankee Stadium was on Aug. 8, 1953, against the Senators.

He had walked off the mound to a standing ovation in the ninth inning, tipping his cap and raising a gloved hand, his 258th career victory all but assured. The Yankees led, 8-3. But later, when Clemens reviewed the game for reporters, a small smile crossed his face when he mentioned Erstad, and his catch -- ''one of the top three catches I've seen in my 17 years.'' It was a smile of admiration.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

LA Times article from after the game, by Buster Olney 

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/08/19/sports/baseball-erstad-steals-one-from-the-yanks.html

I remember getting phone calls from dodger fan buddies about that. The catch, then the homerun 5 mins after....erstad was a beast that night.

there were 500 players that face Rivera without getting a hit.  

he gave up more than 1 hr to 5 players and didn't give up more than 2 hrs to anyone.  

when he was converted to a reliever, he had an era above 3 once.  in 2007 at 3.15.  In his last appearance of the year he gave up 3 runs to move his era from 2.82 to 3.15.  That same year, he gave up 9 of his 25 earned runs in 3 of 4 games over a stretch in april.  Then he pitched in 58 games with a 1.84 era before that last game where he gave up the 3 runs.  

He had an era below 2 for the entire year 11 times. 

He never threw more than 2 wild pitches in a season.  

On 1/23/2019 at 3:08 PM, Kevin said:

That 2000 team was stacked. It's just too bad, as usual, there wasn't any legit pitching to go with it.

Yep. 

Ken hill. Ismael valdez. Bottenfield. I think washburn and shoenweiss were the only promising ones. Maybe ortiz was up? Was hoping seth etherton and brian cooper would be somebody.  Alan watson...springer...

Im hoping were seeing a next wave of talent like the 2000s gave us. Its pretty amazing comparing it.

In the last decade or so, its been trout, richards, trumbo, calhoun, conger and bourjos/grichuk as the only guys off the top of my head who have made it to the bigs and had some success. (Skaggs, chatwood and corbin pitching wise).

In the previous decade, give or take a few years, salmon, glaus, edmonds, GA, percy, erstad, the molinas, napolo, mathis, erstad, howie, morales, etc etc etc

Hoping thats where our farm is trending again finally