• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

Just now, Rico said:

And he definitely did not believe that.

This is pointless argument man.  Theres been a massive shift on the gay question in the last 10 years.  Why are you trying to figure out what was in Obama’s heart ? It’s an impossible thing. He was against it.  Even if he wasn’t hostile to the community.  And then he got better about it.   Gabbard has issues for me.  But this one is silly.  She’s on the right side of it now.  

26 minutes ago, Lou said:

for those scoring at home, we now have UTH supporting the border wall and Rico being ok with a POTUS who lacks high moral character. 

Come on man.  I don’t support the wall.  I accept that it’s an issue that Trump got elected on.  And I think that if Trump wants the Democrats to work with him on it, he should give them concessions that their voters want. 

Im not opposed to compromising.  Does this make me a hypocrite or something ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Come on man.  I don’t support the wall.  I accept that it’s an issue that Trump got elected on.  And I think that if Trump wants the Democrats to work with him on it, he should give them concessions that their voters want. 

own it! 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Wouldn't you want a candidate that some republicans and independents like?

Sure, and Gabbard can still change my mind if she does well in the debates.  But I also think there are other candidates that can do well with independents. 

Personally I like Amy Klobach. I thought she handled herself well in the Kavanaugh hearing. What are your thoughts on her?

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

No, it kind of makes you a normal, rational person.

We can't allow clear thinking on this forum. Name calling, partisan bickering, and hysterical overreaction, on the other hand, are welcome!

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Sure, and Gabbard can still change my mind if she does well in the debates.  But I also think there are other candidates that can do well with independents. 

Personally I like Amy Klobach. I thought she handled herself well in the Kavanaugh hearing. What are your thoughts on her?

I don't know her at all.  I will look her up

The wildcard is how early the California primary is.  California will net a huge number of delegates but is very expensive to campaign in due to the need to rely on TV advertising.  Kamala Harris will be a big factor in the California primary with her large name recognition.  Being black and a woman and not as old as dirt will check a lot of boxes with voters and campaign funders.  This huge field will be down to four frontrunners after California.  

I keep seeing people on here and elsewhere talking up Democrats who can appeal to "moderates," or conservatives who don't like Trump, ignoring the fact that the Dems spent 2016 chasing moderates, failed to land them and alienated parts of their base. What do Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan & Pennsylvania have a lot of? Union workers and college students. Who can appeal to them? Lefties. If Sherrod Brown can win Ohio and Tammy Baldwin, a progressive, pro-single-payer lesbian can win Wisconsin by DOUBLE DIGITS, it's crazy for Democrats to think they need some big tent, half-assed, watered-down candidate who yammers about the need for bipartisanship and common ground and then watches all the moderates they courted fall in line with Trump because they like tax cuts and dislike immigration. Court disillusioned voters, young voters, poor voters...people who are on your side but not necessarily inclined to make the effort to vote. Trump landed JUST enough in the right spots to win. Democrats can easily do the same if they run FOR progressive issues as opposed to AGAINST Trump.