• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

$500 million spent, for this:

"Three months ago, I entered the race for President to defeat Donald Trump," Bloomberg said in a statement. "Today, I am leaving the race for the same reason: to defeat Donald Trump – because it is clear to me that staying in would make achieving that goal more difficult."

33 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

"Three months ago, I entered the race for President to defeat Donald Trump," Bloomberg said in a statement. "Today, I am leaving the race for the same reason: to defeat Donald Trump – because it is clear to me that staying in would make achieving that goal more difficult."

All written off in taxes, I doubt it affects his daily life other than getting Samoan jokes tossed at him for a few months. 

34 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

So this where the whole campaign finance laws start to confuse me. Bloomberg himself can only donate so much to the Biden campaign. Based on Arturo's donations posted in a different thread, it looks like it's $2,800 max. But, Bloomberg could open a Super PAC, throw billions into ads, and because it isn't directly tied to Biden's campaign, it's legal right? Also, one of Bloomberg's companies can seemingly give as much money as it wants correct? 

51 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Yeah it's a lot of money, a lot of Bloomberg's personal wealth.

But it's not like he tossed the cash into an incinerator. The money paid the salaries of a lot of regular people.

It’s unfortunate that there’s not another debate before the 10th.  It’s going to go badly for Biden. 

also, there’s real criticism for Sanders campaign that they waited until today to start aggressively attacking Biden.  These ads they rolled out today are very good.  Probably too late.  

10 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

My guess is Biden runs with Obama as his VP. Everybody knows that Biden does not have the mental capacity to be president. He doesn't even know where he is half the time or who his wife is. People would know they were voting in Obama for a third term. Pretty brilliant actually.

If the Obamas were interested in the White House again, Michelle would have run in this cycle.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The plutocracy is alive and well.

This is just a small example of what a Sanders win would do to our markets though. Granted, that's what Sanders wants but I don't think it's best for the country as a whole. 

2 min ago

Warren's decision complicated by possible endorsement options

From CNN's Jeff Zeleny

Patrick Semansky/AP

The biggest decision facing Elizabeth Warren is not whether to end her campaign, but rather whether to endorse Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders or neither.

“That’s the only real choice facing her now,” a Warren adviser tells CNN.

Warren is closer to Sanders — policy speaking — but those ties are strained. Some advisers believe her best path is to be considered as a vice president to Biden.

As CNN has reported, Warren is assessing her path forward. Her plan was to emerge as the alternative to Biden and Sanders — with her sights set on appearing on the debate stage in Phoenix later this month.

Those hopes are now almost certainly dashed. But Warren has to make the decision for herself: When to drop out and who — or whether — to endorse.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Staying in the race will give Biden much more support as she's funneling a lot of Sanders voters away from him. 

How do you know Warren voters would support Sanders, the two have been at odds with each other the entire contest. If anything they would more likely vote against Sanders for calling her (rightfully) a liar in the first set of debates.