• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I trust that chart as much as I would trust tdawg around my full plate of food.

Why, because it doesn't affirm your biases? 

Do you consider FDR to have been a far-left candidate? Bernie is basically saying, "Hey, we skipped some shit - let's go back and extrapolate from FDR's policies but in the 21st century context."

p.s. Just keep Doritos and Mountain Dew off your table, and you  should be safe from tdawg.

Edited by Angelsjunky

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Why, because it doesn't affirm your biases? 

Do you consider FDR to have been a far-left candidate? Bernie is basically saying, "Hey, we skipped some shit - let's go back and extrapolate from FDR's policies but in the 21st century context."

Who doesn’t have biases?

45 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some of you guys really just refuse to appreciate how far right the United States has drifted over the last 50 years.  We’re lunatic right.  Any concession to the left is violence.  

Abortion on demand up to the moment of birth.

Gay marriage legal and accepted in a majority of states.

Transgender discrimination illegal in most states.

Court rulings restricting religious believers who own businesses and have questions of conscience in serving LGBTQ persons.

Liberal family leave codified into law in many states.

I could go on, but lunatic right?! Really??

Sure, there are examples of right-leaning laws etc but there's also the above. If we were "lunatic right" as a nation we wouldn't even have those.

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

In 2000, although only 0.17% (2,232 of 1,313,000) of all abortions in the United States were performed using this procedure,[3] it developed into a focal point of the abortion debate. Intact D&E of a fetus with a heartbeat was outlawed in most cases by the 2003 federal Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, which was upheld by the United States Supreme Court in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart.[1][4]

16 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Court rulings restricting religious believers who own businesses and have questions of conscience in serving LGBTQ persons.

Sure, there are examples of right-leaning laws etc but there's also the above. If we were "lunatic right" as a nation we wouldn't even have those.

A lot of these aren't left vs right, but secular vs religious (that is, Christian). The GOP wasn't always fused with the religious right, it is just that--in recent decades, at least--it has leveraged it as a voting base.

I remain baffled why a true Republican--which is supposedly the party of individual liberty--would be against abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights, etc.

p.s. I have to laugh at the term "liberal family leave." You mean the same kind of family leave that every  other developed nation supports?

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

You are truly a contemptible person.  You think that family leave, and banning discrimination are concessions ? Jesus Christ.  You have a complete inability to discern politics from basic decency.  

31 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

A lot of these aren't left vs right, but secular vs religious (that is, Christian). The GOP wasn't always fused with the religious right, it is just that--in recent decades, at least--it has leveraged it as a voting base.

I remain baffled why a true Republican--which is supposedly the party of individual liberty--would be against abortion, gay marriage, transgender rights, etc.

p.s. I have to laugh at the term "liberal family leave." You mean the same kind of family leave that every  other developed nation supports?

Do you mean against abortion or pro choice?

I mean who is a totally for abortion except maybe yk?