• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

i'd still like to hear someone with a plan to talk to the schools about their costs and how to reduce them. i hate this approach of raising taxes to solve the problem of spending. if they raise taxes on the 1% or wall street or whoever, you can bet it'll land on you and i.

fix the cost problem first.

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd still like to hear someone with a plan to talk to the schools about their costs and how to reduce them. i hate this approach of raising taxes to solve the problem of spending. if they raise taxes on the 1% or wall street or whoever, you can bet it'll land on you and i.

fix the cost problem first.

I'd prefer we disincentivize college as a culture and as an economy. It isn't necessary for many professions. It's 2020. Anyone can learn nearly anything they need to independently with the technology and resources cheaply available to everyone. We need less colleges

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'd prefer we disincentivize college as a culture and as an economy. It isn't necessary for many professions. It's 2020. Anyone can learn nearly anything they need to independently with the technology and resources cheaply available to everyone. We need less colleges

i'd be okay with that, too.

i think we've made a mistake in thinking and promoting that success will only come to you by getting a degree from Prep U. and completely abandoned a ton of smaller colleges. You can't afford $60k a year to attend USC? okay, look into claremont college or college of the canyons or a thousand other schools.

and while we're at it, let's promote trade schools heavily. not wally thor and the truckmaster school of trucking (although it could be an option for some), but trade schools for welders, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, construction workers, etc. Lots of quality careers to be found there.

You let government run healthcare, naturally our fucked up democratic process will lead to a bunch of stinky asshats voting to eliminate freedom in terms of what a person can consume. With education, the same shit will happen with what a person can study. They've already fucked up public K-12.