• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I guess the Republicans are taking the Hippocratic Oath stance of do no harm. To put into place an tax heavy burden on the middle class (because that is where the money will come from) for a sub standard health care that really doesn't solve anything but puts a facade in place is not what the country needs. 

And yet, what is their solution? Continue to try to recall pre-existing conditions for another 8 years?

Just now, st1ckboy said:

I'm an insurance agent, granted not in Health, but I know how insurance works. 

And you think it's a good idea for an insurance company to automatically cover anything and everything a doctor recommends? 

Doctors would be recommending additional treatments left and right. What do you think that would do to insurance premiums?

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

And you think it's a good idea for an insurance company to automatically cover anything and everything a doctor recommends? 

Doctors would be recommending additional treatments left and right. What do you think that would do to insurance premiums?

No, I expect them to cover something that's relevant to my condition. You know, the reason why we have insurance. 

Just now, st1ckboy said:

No, I expect them to cover something that's relevant to my condition. You know, the reason why we have insurance. 

But they're saying that it isn't covered. Why you would just accept that is beyond me. 

But it's your decision, so good luck. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

It amazes me that an insurance agent wouldn't take the time to read their coverage. 

Oh well, hope everything turns out ok. 

How the fuck would I know whether or not my insurance company would cover a recommended test for a condition I've never even knew existed? It would be impossible. And once again, it's not about me. No person in "the richest country in the world" should ever go bankrupt for getting sick.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

How the fuck would I know whether or not my insurance company would cover a recommended test for a condition I've never even knew existed? It would be impossible. And once again, it's not about me. No person in "the richest country in the world" should ever go bankrupt for getting sick.

I'm not saying that you should have known (although it's a good idea to find out if something is covered before moving forward). I'm saying you can verify now whether or not it should be covered. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

I'm not saying that you should have known (although it's a good idea to find out if something is covered before moving forward). I'm saying you can verify now whether or not it should be covered. 

Jesus Lou, I've said multiple times it's not about me. I'll live. I just tried to bring my recent  personal experience to our healthcare system. It pissed me off that an insurance company that I spend $700 a month somehow felt they knew better than my doctor about what was necessary for me. Again, my problem with our system stems long before my personal personal problem.

7 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Apparently not. They called me the day of my appointment to tell me it wasn't. My doctor thought it was necessary, apparently anthem/blue Cross thought it wasn't. By the way, I have the best plan they offer through my company. Six months now, and I'm in the exact same spot I was before I decided to go to a doctor for my problem. I'm one of the lucky ones though, because at least my shit isn't life threatening, and won't bankrupt me. 

Blue Cross did that shit to me when my daughter had a skin infection. Lol, they tired to say the labs for testing the culture weren't necessary. No way for dr to treat it without knowing exactly what it was.  We appealed it and they changed course. No doubt they are looking out for their bottom line. To be honest, I can see the same type of shit happening regardless of it being an insurance company or government that’s running the show. You will have a higher level of incompetence with the government though. I’d like to see the insurance companies actually compete for my business. I don’t claim to be an expert with this but it always feels like the insurance companies have nothing to lose by engaging in shitty business practices. I don’t know the answer to our health care issues but I’m confident the government isn’t it 

Edited by Jason

In related news, the Supreme Court will not hear an appeal of a federal judge's ruling that Obamacare is unconstitutional until after the 2020 election.

So the Affordable Care Act is safe for now. You folks can carry on as usual with your insurance struggles. I'm on Medicare now so my own nightmares are over. It's a lot simpler and they bend over backwards to approve my care (so far).

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/21/supreme-court-wont-review-obamacare-lawsuit-before-the-election-101356

What has the federal government done in our lifetimes on a large scale that they've effectively managed or made better?  SS has turned into a boondoggle in part because politicians have raided the funds for years, billions of dollars get mismanaged and can't be accounted for whether it's war related or something at home, our infrastructure is outdated and a security risk, we've got government agencies that are redundant which is a waste of taxpayer money and the list goes on.  If they can do something that leads to increased competition from insurance companies by all means but that's not what has been discussed.  Instead of insurance companies telling you they don't cover something they should you'll be dealing with a government worker in a call center somewhere denying your claim for service.  Like Jason I don't know the answer but I know when it comes to medical insurance giving more control to the government whether we're talking the feds or state definitely isn't the answer.   

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is the DNC really dumb enough to do it?

Yes. They absolutely do not want Bernie anywhere near the presidency. They've already started the smear campaign. 

At the very least, Hillary will endorse Biden and be announced as his running mate.

But she may just get involved to steal votes from Bernie.

Fuck Hillary Nonclit.