• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

If Bernie wins Iowa AND New Hampshire the Democratic party will go to DEFCON 1. Trump will win in an historic landslide if he's their eventual nominee.

I hate what he stands for, but the guy is amazing. 

I'm more split on what he stands for, but he has gotten a lot more traction than I would have figured. He is amazing.

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

If Bernie wins Iowa AND New Hampshire the Democratic party will go to DEFCON 1. Trump will win in an historic landslide if he's their eventual nominee.

I hate what he stands for, but the guy is amazing. 

I think Bernie is the Democrats best shot to beat Trump by a significant margin.  It would be a coin flip imo. 

3 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Some of it makes more sense than others. The kicker is that we could take a fraction of what we are spending on the military to police the entire world and probably do all of it.

I agree, but that's not Bernie's plan. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I agree, but that's not Bernie's plan. 

No, just like it isn't Trump's plan to balance the budget, only to strip public programs and put the money into increased military spending. Neither party is shy about spending money, it's just a matter of what their priorities are.

I think Bernie would *try* to do more slash the military budget then just about any candidate in recent memory.  He explicitly talks about withdrawing from the Middle East.  Of course we’ve heard that before, including from Trump but it hasn’t happened.  The hope is that Bernie would aggressively try and whatever faith that I have is rooted in his ideology.  Whether it happens or not.  I don’t know.  I’m pretty cynical about this stuff.  

If Sanders manages to get elected he’ll face an avalanche of institutional resistance that will make his agenda difficult to implement.  That’s the reality.  He can use executive orders for some stuff but obviously cannot for much.  Part of his appeal for me is that he talks about this candidly.  He talks about creating a labor movement and using his grass roots support to apply significant pressure on legislators to make things like Medicare 4 all happen.  This is the thing that Obama threw in the garbage when he immediately became a neolib fucking traitor to the progressives that got him elected.  Again, the hope is that Bernie won’t do that.  Anyway.  

29 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Bernie would *try* to do more slash the military budget then just about any candidate in recent memory.  He explicitly talks about withdrawing from the Middle East.  Of course we’ve heard that before, including from Trump but it hasn’t happened.  The hope is that Bernie would aggressively try and whatever faith that I have is rooted in his ideology.  Whether it happens or not.  I don’t know.  I’m pretty cynical about this stuff.  

If Sanders manages to get elected he’ll face an avalanche of institutional resistance that will make his agenda difficult to implement.  That’s the reality.  He can use executive orders for some stuff but obviously cannot for much.  Part of his appeal for me is that he talks about this candidly.  He talks about creating a labor movement and using his grass roots support to apply significant pressure on legislators to make things like Medicare 4 all happen.  This is the thing that Obama threw in the garbage when he immediately became a neolib fucking traitor to the progressives that got him elected.  Again, the hope is that Bernie won’t do that.  Anyway.  

I think all these guys know that if you mess with the MIC you end up in a grave