• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

Dudes!  I got divorced a couple years back, but forgot to change my filing status from Married to Single with my employer.  I just started a new job and filled out my paperwork as Single.  The taxes are over double what I was paying before!!!  Now, it was about a 20% increase to my base salary, but still ... more than double!!!

Theft!!!

violin deal with it GIF

The last time I got a tax return was...9 years ago? And it was $300.

I can't pay more for taxes. I make less than $30,000 a year. I suppose if I pay $30 extra a month I could get a nice $360 payday in April. Then I could use it towards my car payment for that month and have enough left over for my phone payment. I'd be rollin in the dough. 

When you make $70+ grand a year, which I'm guessing most people posting here do, I really have no sympathy for you, because after taxes and health insurance and retirement funds, you're still taking home significantly more than I am.

I am not saying I want your money, I'm just saying I have no sympathy for your situation. 

Could I have gone to college? Absolutely, and I'd be in worse debt than I already am. Significantly worse debt. 

You guys live in a fucking wonderland with some of the best weather on Earth and despite the high taxes and cost of living, I'm assuming most of you live pretty comfortably. But TAXES! 

Eat poop directly from my butt.

And yes I'm jealous. I wish I could have a job where I make enough money to be able to support myself and potentially a family. I wish I had a job where I could afford healthcare without taking 30% of my paycheck out. 

I've made bad decisions, and I don't blame anyone else for my situation but myself. But fuck man, entry-level jobs around here pay $12 an hour. That's less than I currently make. You need a specialized skill, like being an electrician or being a contractor and taking on construction jobs. Or maybe a dentist? 

There's nothing here. The average income in my area is like...$10.50 an hour and the average rent on a 1 bedroom apartment is $800. Even the smallest units run $700 a month, which is barely affordable. If you have a car payment (like I do), you literally cannot afford to live anywhere.

I'm just frustrated. I'm not skilled enough to run my own business like Adam or Stradling, but I am skilled and am capable of learning anything. But in order to do that, I need a 4-year degree.

I just see you guys talking about paying more in taxes and I'm like...man I wish I could complain about that. I wish paying more in taxes was a legit issue for me because it means I am wealthy enough for it to matter. I want to matter. I hate being a poor loser who is a serious health issue away from becoming bankrupt.

29 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The last time I got a tax return was...9 years ago? And it was $300.

I can't pay more for taxes. I make less than $30,000 a year. I suppose if I pay $30 extra a month I could get a nice $360 payday in April. Then I could use it towards my car payment for that month and have enough left over for my phone payment. I'd be rollin in the dough. 

When you make $70+ grand a year, which I'm guessing most people posting here do, I really have no sympathy for you, because after taxes and health insurance and retirement funds, you're still taking home significantly more than I am.

I am not saying I want your money, I'm just saying I have no sympathy for your situation. 

Could I have gone to college? Absolutely, and I'd be in worse debt than I already am. Significantly worse debt. 

You guys live in a fucking wonderland with some of the best weather on Earth and despite the high taxes and cost of living, I'm assuming most of you live pretty comfortably. But TAXES! 

Eat poop directly from my butt.

Listen man, I’m with you.  But how is it that you’re making less then 30K and getting only a $300 return ? What are you claiming when you get your paychecks ?

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Listen man, I’m with you.  But how is it that you’re making less then 30K and getting only a $300 return ? What are you claiming when you get your paychecks ?

I claim single and 1 other thing for 2. And I don't get that anymore. I either owe $30 or so or I get back the same.

I would probably be less passionate about the tax issue if it weren’t abundantly clear that the vast majority of those dollars are used to murder people, imprison people, finance horseshit and make a few evil fucks rich.

Im also in the business of dealing with the tax man and regulators and they’re slimy as fuck. The whole AB5 law in CA is the latest example of disingenuous legislation designed to force companies to pay more for insurance and ultimately hurt those the politicians are claiming to want to help.

oh and  taxation is literally theft.

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

I would probably be less passionate about the tax issue if it weren’t abundantly clear that the vast majority of those dollars are used to murder people, imprison people, finance horseshit and make a few evil fucks rich.

Im also in the business of dealing with the tax man and regulators and they’re slimy as fuck. The whole AB5 law in CA is the latest example of disingenuous legislation designed to force companies to pay more for insurance and ultimately hurt those the politicians are claiming to want to help.

oh and  taxation is literally theft.

That doesn't effect my life though, so who gives a fuck? Lolz are the only thing I care about.

Adam makes fair point about the way taxes are utilized in this country.  The thing I don’t agree with libertarians on is the alternative.  Which is apparently just no government.  I mean, when you distill it all down.  That’s what it is.  I do understand the cynicism about it though.  

the military should lose like 95% of its funding.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Adam makes fair point about the way taxes are utilized in this country.  The thing I don’t agree with libertarians on is the alternative.  Which is apparently just no government.  I mean, when you distill it all down.  That’s what it is.  I do understand the cynicism about it though.  

the military should lose like 95% of its funding.  

Limited government will always grow into big corrupt government.

anyway, I don’t actually give much of a shit. Life is more amazing and there is more wealth and the poor are better off than ever before. We are very lucky. What bothers me most about politics is the need for candidates to paint things in such a negative fashion. It’s all bullshit.

55 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And yes I'm jealous. I wish I could have a job where I make enough money to be able to support myself and potentially a family. I wish I had a job where I could afford healthcare without taking 30% of my paycheck out. 

I've made bad decisions, and I don't blame anyone else for my situation but myself. But fuck man, entry-level jobs around here pay $12 an hour. That's less than I currently make. You need a specialized skill, like being an electrician or being a contractor and taking on construction jobs. Or maybe a dentist? 

There's nothing here. The average income in my area is like...$10.50 an hour and the average rent on a 1 bedroom apartment is $800. Even the smallest units run $700 a month, which is barely affordable. If you have a car payment (like I do), you literally cannot afford to live anywhere.

I'm just frustrated. I'm not skilled enough to run my own business like Adam or Stradling, but I am skilled and am capable of learning anything. But in order to do that, I need a 4-year degree.

I just see you guys talking about paying more in taxes and I'm like...man I wish I could complain about that. I wish paying more in taxes was a legit issue for me because it means I am wealthy enough for it to matter. I want to matter. I hate being a poor loser who is a serious health issue away from becoming bankrupt.

Wanna play golf next Monday?

I'm staying at my mom's efficiency apartment tonight. It's a living room with a collapsible bed and a kitchen. I sleep on the bed because I'm fat and she sleeps on the couch.

I fart non-stop throughout the night and my mom keeps telling me to stop. I always wake up to her spraying the room with Febreze and also me. It smells like a Chili's bathroom in here.

I love my mom.

I was cornered by some guy at work that thinks we have some special bond because I took notice of the Porsche Cayman he was driving 5 years ago. He traded that in for a Maserati Ghibli sedan because he has two kids and needed room for car seats. Then he tells me he wrecked the Maserati so he got a BMW 7 series sedan to replace it because he really didn't like it because it was too loud and the interior wasn't holding up after two years.

I'm listening to him rattle on while a couple desks away is a guy that is working his ass off making less than a third of this guys money and I just know he wants to tell him to shut the hell up, he is barely getting by with a shitty little apartment and payments on his used economy car. 

Sometimes people are impervious to self awareness and don't realize just how much a pretentious jackass they can be. 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I was cornered by some guy at work that thinks we have some special bond because I took notice of the Porsche Cayman he was driving 5 years ago. He traded that in for a Maserati Ghibli sedan because he has two kids and needed room for car seats. Then he tells me he wrecked the Maserati so he got a BMW 7 series sedan to replace it because he really didn't like it because it was too loud and the interior wasn't holding up after two years.

Adam

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm listening to him rattle on while a couple desks away is a guy that is working his ass off making less than a third of this guys money and I just know he wants to tell him to shut the hell up, he is barely getting by with a shitty little apartment and payments on his used economy car. 

Tdawg

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

Sometimes people are impervious to self awareness and don't realize just how much a pretentious jackass they can be. 

AW.com