• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

That was an awesome tongue thrashing. That said I think the truth of the matter lies in the middle.

Alright, so I read through the article. I know he is singling out Pete because of a comment he made, but I wonder if he would say the same things about Cory Booker, who went to Stanford, and like Buttigieg is also a Rhodes scholar.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Alright, so I read through the article. I know he is singling out Pete because of a comment he made, but I wonder if he would say the same things about Cory Booker, who went to Stanford, and like Buttigieg is also a Rhodes scholar.

Guessing he would alter his narrative

3 hours ago, Adam said:

lol at "Buttigieg explained whitely"

also . . .

"Pete Buttigieg doesn’t want to change anything. He just wants to be something." 

that describes every single politician.

Obama being mostly silent on Trump and the Republicans only to emerge in an effort to knee cap Bernie would be incredible.  And very on brand for the Democrats I guess. 

the thing is, I think he’s really lost a lot of political clout on the left.  Particularly among the so called “activist” left.  He can speak against Bernie, but I don’t think the people who would vote for him give a shit what Barry has to say anymore. 

his compromise minded centrists stances failed miserably and it’s incredible that most of the Democratic nominees seem to think that failed path is the way forward. 

also, the further we get away from his presidency the more it seems like the things that didn’t get done weren’t so much because of the Republicans so much as his unwillingness to actually do it.  Failing to make the recess appointment of Garland is a perfect example.  I don’t believe that he actually thought he could work with McConnell.  Obama is not a dumb man. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

22 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Obama being mostly silent on Trump and the Republicans only to emerge in an effort to knee cap Bernie would be incredible.  And very on brand for the Democrats I guess. 

the thing is, I think he’s really lost a lot of political clout on the left.  Particularly among the so called “activist” left.  He can speak against Bernie, but I don’t think the people who would vote for him give a shit what Barry has to say anymore. 

his compromise minded centrists stances failed miserably and it’s incredible that most of the Democratic nominees seem to think that failed path is the way forward. 

also, the further we get away from his presidency the more it seems like the things that didn’t get done weren’t so much because of the Republicans so much as his unwillingness to actually do it.  Failing to make the recess appointment of Garland is a perfect example.  I don’t believe that he actually thought he could work with McConnell.  Obama is not a dumb man. 

It's not uncommon for a prior president to stay silent on a current president, even one from a different party, but then insert themselves in their own parties primary. W never said shit about Obama, but it was pretty clear the Bush family were no fans of Trump.

8 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's not uncommon for a prior president to stay silent on a current president, even one from a different party, but then insert themselves in their own parties primary. W never said shit about Obama, but it was pretty clear the Bush family were no fans of Trump.

I don’t recall Clinton inserting himself into any democratic primaries other then in support of Hillary.  I don’t think there’s a lot of substance to what you’re saying here.  If Obama actively campaigns against Bernie Sanders specifically that would be something.  

and I get him not commenting on Trump, when it’s not an election cycle.  But again, what’s implied in the article is going specifically against Bernie.  Anyway, he can do what he wants.  Like I said imo.  I don’t think it matters that much.  

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t recall Clinton inserting himself into any democratic primaries other then in support of Hillary.  I don’t think there’s a lot of substance to what you’re saying here.  If Obama actively campaigns against Bernie Sanders specifically that would be something.  

and I get him not commenting on Trump, when it’s not an election cycle.  But again, what’s implied in the article is going specifically against Bernie.  Anyway, he can do what he wants.  Like I said imo.  I don’t think it matters that much.  

Meh, we haven't seen him actually insert himself into the upcoming campaign yet, so I don't really think much of it.