• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

Just now, Blarg said:

No, St1ck, there isn't. People give money to tele-evangelist thinking they are part of something special when in fact they are just stooges getting billed. Bernie supporters are paying for lavish meals, expense accounts that get abused, first class airfare, hotels rental cars..., All the while fed a lot of pandering horseshit about free programs. 

At least the other guy is putting up earned capital to speak his views. He is more invested, personally, than a public donation whore. 

Everything you just posted about Bernie is your own conjecture based on your own political biases. 

And your "public donation whore" comment shows what level you are on. 

You fucking asshole. With all due respect.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's a difference at all when a candidate is spending it on a campaign. Ad time isn't valued less depending on where the money came from.  

Your focus is on where the money originated, mine is what happens to it once it's in a candidate's possession. Corporations charging a candidate for campaign assistance don't care where the money comes from. 

In Bernie's case, what corporations?

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I don't think there's a difference at all when a candidate is spending it on a campaign. Ad time isn't valued less depending on where the money came from.  

Your focus is on where the money originated, mine is what happens to it once it's in a candidate's possession. Corporations charging a candidate for campaign assistance don't care where the money comes from. 

That's the difference,  I think it does matter where the money comes. Let's say I win the lottery tomorrow for a billion dollars. I chose to spend that money on ads to win the presidency. Does that make me an equal candidate than someone that has hundreds of thousands of people making small donations to the other candidate because they believe in his message?

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Everything you just posted about Bernie is your own conjecture based on your own political biases. 

And your "public donation whore" comment shows what level you are on. 

You fucking asshole. With all due respect.

Hillary spent 1.2 billion dollars. Imagine the good that money could have done for the homeless. Instead...

giphy.gif

Public donation whore.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

That's the difference,  I think it does matter where the money comes. Let's say I win the lottery tomorrow for a billion dollars. I chose to spend that money on ads to win the presidency. Does that make me an equal candidate than someone that has hundreds of thousands of people making small donations to the other candidate because they believe in his message?

if both names are on the ballot, then yes, you are equal. 

from that point on, the money spends the same. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Hillary spent 1.2 billion dollars. Imagine the good that money could dine for the homeless. Instead...

giphy.gif

Public donation whore.

I hate Hillary as much as you do. Not a good comparison, especially because her "donations" came from fucking Super PACS. 

You've really glossed over this whole "grassroots" thing haven't you?

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

See post above.

Holy shit guys , I just realized we spent the last hour arguing about how Bernie spent $30 million on his his obviously future failed campaign, against some rich dude spending his own money on his future failed campaign.

Good night, and may god have mercy on our souls.

FTR all of these people are raising hundreds of millions of dollars to give to corporations they hate to hopefully win a job that allows them to take the credit for killing brown people.

If they gave all that money to hungry, homeless or others in need and we went without a president, we could just let congress kill those brown people directly. 

10 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

There is a huge fucking difference. You don't think there is a difference from some rich guy spending money, or someone having a movement that donates money?

The way you keep phrasing this makes it sound like you think the rich guy bought the election and doesn’t really have the support of his party or the people.

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

The way you keep phrasing this makes it sound like you think the rich guy bought the election and doesn’t really have the support of his party or the people.

How do you get votes? 

You campaign. You run ads. You contact Putin. A guy like Bloomberg doesn't have a base of support. He just has a huge bank account. So regardless of whether anyone supports him or not, he gets to run ads for his campaign because he already had the money. 

Bernie gets to run ads because he has supporters. Supporters who made contributions because they want him to be President. Bernie has money. He could easily dip into his own wallet to increase his campaign funds, but he doesn't. Again, that doesn't make him a better person, it just means he's not using his wealth to get votes. 

What you "money is money" turds fail to understand is that whatever money has been donated to Bernie is going directly to his campaign. It is not, nor has it ever been, HIS money. Any talk of "luxurious spending" or bullshit like that is conjecture. "But he's using it to try to become President! He's using those funds for himself." I mean, unfortunately campaigns need money. It's the way it is. The more you have, the better your chances. But I'll argue he's using those donations for his supporters. They want him to be President. These are people donating their money because they believe in Sanders and think he will help make this country and therefore their lives, better. 

If Bernie becomes President and turns out to be just another selfish politician, then yeah. Fuck him and fuck any other "movement". But I don't think that's the case.