• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

4 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That makes no sense. You are arguing your own interpretations of my statements.

But you've already said your not a "Bernie" guy, so running to his defense on a position that requires neither defense or discussion, says you are not being truthful in your statements. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Seriously Stick, you do sound like the douchey guy at the record store telling us how much better some obscure shitty band is than Whitesnake.

Both are US senators. One from a purple state like Colorado, and one from a now leaning red state of Ohio. Not that obscure. Both are libs like me, but aren't for just blowing up the system with unrealistic plans.

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

But you've already said your not a "Bernie" guy, so running to his defense on a position that requires neither defense or discussion, says you are not being truthful in your statements. 

This whole argument is whether someone spending shit tons of company money donated by hundreds of thousands of people is equal to one guy spending his own money. Can we agree there is a difference between the two?

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

This whole argument is whether someone spending shit tons of company money donated by hundreds of thousands of people is equal to one guy spending his own money. Can we agree there is a difference between the two?

there's definitely a difference, but why does it matter? 

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

I’m just explaining to you how it came across.  You assume people here know anything about anything.

Lou made a sarcastic statement about me being a Warren guy. All I did was state whom my preferred nominees wod be. Both are both middle ground Dems. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

there's definitely a difference, but why does it matter? 

At this point I'll just leave it at let's agree to disagree. If you don't see the difference in one candidate rallying massive groups of people to donate to his campaign, and the other just spending his own money, I don't know what else I can say that will make you think any differently.

Just now, st1ckboy said:

At this point I'll just leave it at let's agree to disagree. If you don't see the difference in one candidate rallying massive groups of people to donate to his campaign, and the other just spending his own money, I don't know what else I can say that will make you think any differently.

the money spends the same, so why does it matter? 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Again, because the amount of money spent isn't his point. It's the fact that millions of people agree with Bernie's agenda ,and donate to try to help it see it move forward, versus one dude with lots money. Do you agree that there is a difference in the two?

19 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Of course there is a difference. It doesn't mean either has some inherent moral high ground. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Well, one gives the people who support him a chance to be a part of something "bigger".

Wait that sounds incredibly gay. 

You pay money to support your candidate, which makes you a part of the "movement" or campaign. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Again, because the amount of money spent isn't his point. It's the fact that millions of people agree with Bernie's agenda ,and donate to try to help it see it move forward, versus one dude with lots money. Do you agree that there is a difference in the two?

I think I already have. 

I just don't see why it matters. both examples will spent the money in an attempt to win an election. there isn't a difference in where that money came from (in spending terms) 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Millions agree but then their are less than 1% of the total population so that doesn't give Sanders any more value to the campaign than the guy that self finances. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Well, one gives the people who support him a chance to be a part of something "bigger".

Wait that sounds incredibly gay. 

You pay money to support your candidate, which makes you a part of the "movement" or campaign. 

so you get a button? 

I guess that's pretty cool

Just now, Blarg said:

Of course there is a difference. It doesn't mean either has some inherent moral high ground. 

It does though. You don't have to agree with Bernie, but there is a huge difference between someone getting donations from hundreds of thousands of people, and rich guy spending money. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What's with this "high-ground" shit? No one says Bernie is inherently a better person than Bloomberg (who has donated Bernie's entire wealth 10 times over). It's that one campaign is run on the support of the people. The other is run on a bank account. Without the support, Bernie doesn't run. Without the support, Bloomberg still puts out 400 commercials.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I think I already have. 

I just don't see why it matters. both examples will spent the money in an attempt to win an election. there isn't a difference in where that money came from (in spending terms) 

There is a huge fucking difference. You don't think there is a difference from some rich guy spending money, or someone having a movement that donates money?

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What's with this "high-ground" shit? No one says Bernie is inherently a better person than Bloomberg (who has donated Bernie's entire wealth 10 times over). It's that one campaign is run on the support of the people. The other is run on a bank account. Without the support, Bernie doesn't run. Without the support, Bloomberg still puts out 400 commercials.

Fucking thank you. I swear it feels like I'm taking crazy pills trying to explain this.

Just now, st1ckboy said:

It does though. You don't have to agree with Bernie, but there is a huge difference between someone getting donations from hundreds of thousands of people, and rich guy spending money. 

No, St1ck, there isn't. People give money to tele-evangelist thinking they are part of something special when in fact they are just stooges getting billed. Bernie supporters are paying for lavish meals, expense accounts that get abused, first class airfare, hotels rental cars..., All the while fed a lot of pandering horseshit about free programs. 

At least the other guy is putting up earned capital to speak his views. He is more invested, personally, than a public donation whore. 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

There is a huge fucking difference. You don't think there is a difference from some rich guy spending money, or someone having a movement that donates money?

I don't think there's a difference at all when a candidate is spending it on a campaign. Ad time isn't valued less depending on where the money came from.  

Your focus is on where the money originated, mine is what happens to it once it's in a candidate's possession. Corporations charging a candidate for campaign assistance don't care where the money comes from.