• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Democratic Field

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

This is from last February. I don't think she's a Russian asset, but for whatever reason, the Russian bot train has made her their candidate of choice. 

The ironic thing is, if she did run third party, I think she'd steal just as many votes away from Trump as she'd steal from Warren/Biden/whomever.

Since Gabbard announced her intention to run on Jan. 11, there have been at least 20 Gabbard stories on three major Moscow-based English-language websites affiliated with or supportive of the Russian government: RT, the Russian-owned TV outlet; Sputnik News, a radio outlet; and Russia Insider, a blog that experts say closely follows the Kremlin line. The CIA has called RT and Sputnik part of "Russia's state-run propaganda machine."

All three sites celebrated Gabbard's announcement, defended her positions on Russia and her 2017 meeting with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, and attacked those who have suggested she is a pawn for Moscow. The coverage devoted to Gabbard, both in news and commentary, exceeds that afforded to any of the declared or rumored Democratic candidates despite Gabbard's lack of voter recognition.

Gabbard was mentioned on the three sites about twice as often as two of the best known Democratic possibilities for 2020, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders, each with 10 stories. Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren had fewer. In each case, the other contenders were treated more critically than Gabbard, with headlines like "'Don't Run': Vermont Paper Begs Bernie Sanders Not to Seek US Presidency in 2020" and "Sexist much? Biden blames 'conservative blonde woman' for shutdown, 'forgets' Ann Coulter's name."

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

This is from last February. I don't think she's a Russian asset, but for whatever reason, the Russian bot train has made her their candidate of choice. 

The ironic thing is, if she did run third party, I think she'd steal just as many votes away from Trump as she'd steal from Warren/Biden/whomever.

Without a doubt. I don't think either party wants her to run as a 3rd candidate 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

My biggest concern would be the quality, and efficiency, of health care if we switched to a medicare for all system. Can anyone here name a US bureaucracy that functions really well and efficiently?

I'm sure it wouldn't be terribly efficient. But the healthcare system as it is currently ran isn't terribly efficient either. Just the sheer amount of time wasted on medical billing in our current system (by patients, medical facility employees, insurance company employees, etc...) would make a Prussian jump off a building. So if it's a choice between an inefficient system that could potentially bankrupt a pretty solid chunk of the American population at any moment and an inefficient system paid for by a consistent and known tax amount, I'd take the latter.

Giving the federal government the okay to tax individuals more is allowing them to bankrupt what's left of the middle class and future generations who aren't even born yet.  All of the "free" things being talked about include new taxes while we're running deficits yet zero mention of cutting from the current budget.  I don't see how anyone can support more taxes when the federal government can't live within it's means.  ACA was passed less than a decade ago and they're already trying to scrap it.  You'll have to excuse me if I don't trust them with something even bigger.  

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

how many of these large taxes have been "consistent and known"?

I meant that in more of a personal finance way. In our current system the cost of healthcare for any given person in any given year has an extreme degree of potential variability. Depending on legislation used to create a universal healthcare system, the taxes could change quite a bit year to year, or perhaps remain constant. Who knows at this point? Definitely something that should be considered when the time comes of course. But I'd still feel pretty confident that the variability wouldn't fall between maybe 5% of annual income and 1000%, which is true of our current system.

Man government and democracy are just the best.

Gov't - This thing isn't perfect. Let's fuck with it.

Gov't - This thing is getting worse, let's fuck with it some more

Voters - Darrrrhhh Ok

Gov't - Mother Fuck this thing is a real bitch. We just need to fuck with it a teensy weensy bit more.

Voters - Whatever. Do yo thing

Gov't - Welp, it's fucked. We'll run the whole fucking thing.

Voters - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You won't make it that far you'll kick the bucket getting wheeled into the hospital because there's 50 people blocking the front desk who took their kid in with the sniffles.  

Haha "getting wheeled". I use my electric mobility scooter, thank you very much. I put flame decals on the side.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You won't make it that far you'll kick the bucket getting wheeled into the hospital because there's 50 people blocking the front desk who took their kid in with the sniffles.  On the bright side Adam promised to clear your browsing history.

Doesn't that already happen in California? John and Ken said so, at least.

46 minutes ago, Adam said:

Man government and democracy are just the best.

Gov't - This thing isn't perfect. Let's F*ck with it.

Gov't - This thing is getting worse, let's F*ck with it some more

Voters - Darrrrhhh Ok

Gov't - Mother F*ck this thing is a real bitch. We just need to F*ck with it a teensy weensy bit more.

Voters - Whatever. Do yo thing

Gov't - Welp, it's fucked. We'll run the whole Facking thing.

Voters - YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m actually surprised the government hasn’t recruited Jerry Dipoto. Dude has a bright future when this whole GM thing doesn’t work out.

33 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The VA actually provides really great care for people that are generally more sick then the general population.  VA care is in many ways is significantly superior to most people’s private insurance.  Obviously it’s not perfect.  

I don't know much about the VA other than they're pretty exclusive. I have friends who cannot even get VA coverage even though they did a full honorable service.

42 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hillary is now yapping that Gabbert is compromised by the Russians.  So at least it’s nice for Clinton to clearly let us know which Democratic candidate isn’t one of her puppets.

She's just prepping to enter the race. When she does she'll run on "I won last time if not for Russian interference"

43 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hillary is now yapping that Gabbert is compromised by the Russians.  So at least it’s nice for Clinton to clearly let us know which Democratic candidate isn’t one of her puppets.

this has been an interesting exchange over the weekend. i'm not a gabbert supporter but i like that she's come out swinging against clinton and isn't backing down.

on a completely unrelated note, i hope tulsi has nice music at her memorial service. that's always a nice touch.