• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: 'L.A. Live on steroids:' Inside Anaheim's pitch to keep the Angels

Dollar Bill

Its a great idea.  They can also include a Boston area and a NY area in their design for when those teams play the Angels.  Their fans would be over the top.  And Dee Dee would have some place to go and celebrate after enjoying a curtain call at the Big A.

I lived in Orange County for 33 years and never once did I consider driving to Anaheim unless it was to see the Angels (or Rams).

Whatever they build will have to be super-special to get people to come on a regular basis regardless of what event is at the stadium.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I lived in Orange County for 33 years and never once did I consider driving to Anaheim unless it was to see the Angels (or Rams).

Whatever they build will have to be super-special to get people to come on a regular basis regardless of what event is at the stadium.

nobody went to the area where LA LIVE is located either. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

nobody went to the area where LA LIVE is located either. 

Have you ever gone to LA LIVE when there is no event at the Staples Center? Not me.

Microsoft theater? Who even plays there?

Would I go to Anaheim to hang out if there is no event at the stadium? Probably not. People who live nearby might go I guess. But they already have The Block.

I think the key is going to be how many apartment units they can add to the property - this is where the Trader Joes reference comes in.

The Garden Walk down the street is essentially a ghost town attached to a Disneyland overflow parking garage. You have to provide real value to attract people and that is not easy in this super competitive entertainment driven region. People might not need another House of Blues but there certainly is a shortage of housing in the region. A sizable residential population could provide that all day traffic that can sustain the concept.

As it stand the whole 'Platinum Triangle' remains a vision of the future not grounded in any encomium realities or trends. 

42 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A sizable residential population could provide that all day traffic that can sustain the concept.

Personally I can't stand how dense the population is becoming in OC. Now they just want to build apartments and pack people in.

More noise, more traffic.

But good revenue for the developers.

Main reason I left.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Have you ever gone to LA LIVE when there is no event at the Staples Center? Not me.

Would I go to Anaheim to hang out if there is no event at the stadium? Probably not. People who live nearby might go I guess. But they already have The Block.

yes, I have. 

a lot of people do. 

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Nobody went there when it was The City. (If I remember correctly.)

I went to Suntrust Park (Braves) during their inaugural season 2 years ago.  Built around the stadium are Condos, Hotels, Clubs, Bars, Restaurants, retail shopping, and a theater. All of which were built around the same time of the stadium. It was by far the best atmosphere around a stadium I have attended. We were able to grab beers and walk through the shopping area on the way to the stadium. I quickly realized that the draw to the area was not the stadium. A lot of people were there for the shopping and entertainment. After the game, we went to a sports bar that was still packed. If I lived in the ATL area, I would for sure hang out there without going to a game.

The parking was $30. But anything you purchased outside the stadium was used toward that $30. We easily purchased enough so the parking was free. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

how often did you go there before all of those businesses were there? 

0. But when I went, I had no idea how large the shopping area was. It's a couple blocks that is designed for pedestrian only. So the place was very clean, safe and spacious. When I was in line to get into the sports bar, the guy in front of me was in the middle of his cigarette. The line moved pretty quick so just before he was going to show the bouncer his ID, he flung his half lit cigarette in the middle of the walkway. The bouncer called him out to go chase down his cig and dispose of it properly. 

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

gonna watch Angels - Nats.  

Nolasco is on the bump.  I bet he gets the win.  I think Calhoun and Valbuena are gonna go yard and Bedrosian is gonna get the save.  

as long as Pat Hoberg is the 2nd base umpire, it's a lock.