• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Cody Allen

Ochocinco!

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Last January I was excited about the 2018 season, with Upton. Cozart, Kinsler, and most of all Ohtani...

I must say my level of enthusiasm for 2019 is somewhat meh. Maybe unlike last year I will be pleasantly surprised instead of being disappointed. Here's hoping for things to finally fall our way.

They still have most of those guys.

39 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

His velocity dipped a bit this past year, K rate declined, BB rate increased, and obviously the ERA ballooned. That said, he's got a long track record of success, has been a good closer for a number of years, and more importantly, it's another 1yr deal. If he bombs whatever....you just move on without any money tied up into future seasons

The offseason of 1yr deals continues. One or two of these gotta hit you'd think

He needs to catch some waves and he’ll be back chuckin 97

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Allen. Bour. Harvey. Cahill. LaSetalla.

Meanwhile back in Jersey, Trout is salivating heading in to spring camp. 

Trout just turned to his wife, after reading this on AW, and said, "....honey, you can stop worrying about me being stuck on the West Coast for half the year, after 2020."

"I'm comin' home, I've done my time............"

1 minute ago, WeatherWonk said:

Trout just turned to his wife, after reading this on AW, and said, "....honey, you can stop worrying about me being stuck on the West Coast for half the year, after 2020."

"I'm comin' home, I've done my time............"

I am looking forward to your next wave of nonsense when he signs an extension.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am looking forward to your next wave of nonsense when he signs an extension.  

Win-win, baby!

Except that................can you imagine how badly Arte will have to overpay, to keep him here. And how that will limit the Angels, going forward. Albert 2.0, in terms of contract limitations. 

Just now, WeatherWonk said:

Win-win, baby!

Except that................can you imagine how badly Arte will have to overpay, to keep him here. And how that will limit the Angels, going forward. Albert 2.0, in terms of contract limitations. 

Well considering most people here were saying he was going to get $500 million, my guess is he will get him for about 70-80% of that.  

And he wasn’t even that bad.  He did give them 70 innings.  Apparently 52 scoreless ones.  How many halo relievers did that last year ?

As I’ve said before.  I like Adam Ottavino a lot.  But that’s a riskier deal then this one.  If it’s 9 million 1 year as reported. 

Edited by UndertheHalo