• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sonny Gray about to be traded

Dtwncbad

I didn't have interest in Gray before getting Cahill and Harvey, but now I do.

Seems like the odds are long that both Cahill and Harvey will be successful for the Angels in 2019.

But throw in Gray, and the hope is two out of the three have good years.  That seems much more realistic.

I wanted a beast top of the rotation starter.  If that isn't going to happen then loading up on upside is better than just having some upside.

Looks like the Pardes and A's are the rumored likely destination but it is also reported than many teams are in on him.

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I liked Gray before, but not at any competitive price. There were just too many superior targets out there and I didn't figure the Angels would whiff on them all. 

And now that we've signed Harvey, Cahill, Bour and Lucroy to one year deals, I figure trading for one year of Sonny Gray fits. Except I'm still not offering jack for his services. I mean yeah, I'll take on the salary because that's a small cut under what he'd get on the open market, but I'd only be trading from a position of prospect strength to acquire him. Basically, Michael Hermosillo for him straight up. Or if I'm offering a pitcher it's a low level lottery ticket like Jerryell Rivera.

1 hour ago, Sean-Regan said:

Given the interest in him, I’d be surprised if he cost less than Marsh or Jones.Who knows, they might even ask for Canning. I really don’t want to give up any of those guys.

Am I exaggerating what New York would settle for? I’m no expert, for sure. 

That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

He's got one year left and he was terrible last year and he's going to make like $10M. He wouldn't cost a top prospect.

38 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Also, I'm not so sure the Angels are interested. I mean every team could use more rotation depth, but bringing in Gray would likely mean a demotion to AAA for Barria. 

I would think Cahill goes as 6th starter/swingman/long reliever, personally. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

He's got one year left and he was terrible last year and he's going to make like $10M. He wouldn't cost a top prospect.

See? Shows how much I know. ? Even with the competition for acquiring him, what would be the likely prospect range the Angels would have to give up? I'm curious if it would be worth it.

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

See? Shows how much I know. ? Even with the competition for acquiring him, what would be the likely prospect range the Angels would have to give up? I'm curious if it would be worth it.

If I were the yankees, I'd want a solid bullpen piece and a low level prospect with high upside.  

7 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Maybe an 8-15 ranked prospect type.