• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spring Training Tickets

Taylor

The cost of Spring Training tickets has gotten absurd. Lawn seats at Tempe Diablo are $20 (plus $6 in fees). At the Cubs stadium in Mesa, lawn seats are $35 (plus fees).

Why is it more expensive to see a game during Spring Training than during the regular season?

Edited by Taylor

Lawn seats are so expensive, because many people purchase lawn seats and than stand around above the seats.  At Tempe, its darn near impossible to walk from the 1B side and get to the LF stuff.  TOO much standing room only "lawn seats".

Not to mention...most of the games in ST are sold out....teams charge it, because we dumb ass fans pay it.

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

The cost of Spring Training tickets has gotten absurd. Lawn seats at Tempe Diablo are $20 (plus $6 in fees). At the Cubs stadium in Mesa, lawn seats are $35 (plus fees).

Why is general admission more expensive at Spring Training than during the regular season?

since when has there been general admission to a regular season game?

Back when I was in high school one of my classmates, Kathy Copeland (nicknamed Kathy Coconuts) was interviewed for the local Fullerton newspaper as to why she was an Angels fan. For $2 dollars a ticket upper deck, cheaper than a movie, her and her friends could sit anywhere and scream, make noise and go crazy for 3 hours. You also could get free tickets for having better than passing grades. 

s-l225.jpg

I don't recall any general admission seating but I do remember buying a view level ticket and by the 3rd inning moving down to empty rows on the terrace level. Ushers seemed to only care about the field box seats until about the 6th inning.