• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ottavino 3/27 to Yankees

Dtwncbad

Who is the Halos closer?   Buttrey? (best potential)  Anderson? (too wild)   Robles? (showing promise as setup guy in 2018)   Cole?  (more of a multi-purpose guy)

It sure isn't Bad Rock or Noe Ramirez!  

Guess the best thing now is to hope for the best until July, and then find a closer to trade for who has club control through 2020?

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

.....I don't think Eppler is even trying anymore. 

I don't think he has the money to try much.....they are under the luxury tax and I think they are to stay there, maybe think about spending it in July at the trade deadline...

14 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Dammit. Their 6th/7th 4th inning guy would be our closer. I'm fine with no Kimbrel but cmon Eppler. Is Cam really our closer?????????

Eppler going the flea market and garage sale route to build his bullpen.  

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

and I'm actually fine with that if Eppler gets some other things done and extends Trout sometime this offseason or in 2019. 

The Trout decision is on Trout.   I'll be happy if Eppler can put the team in a position to win with or without Trout.  Ultimately that's what I'll be grading him on.  Resigning him would be a major win and wash away a lot of disappointment but if he screws everything else up his tenure will be no better than Dipoto's.

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I don't think he has the money to try much.....they are under the luxury tax and I think they are to stay there, maybe think about spending it in July at the trade deadline...

We are not close to the lux tax, the lux tax is not our budget.  We are fully 50M under it.  The lux tax has nothing to do with our limitations. 

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

My guess is well find out the Angels offered the same but he really wanted to play on the east coast.

He's from Brooklyn NY.  But regardless of that, right now the Angels have an image problem and the Yankees are coming off a 100 win season.   They need to perform better this year, generate some excitement and shit will start working out.

2 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Geez, people, take a chill pill. Three years is a big contract for a guy without a record of sustained success. 

Disagree he hasn't had sustained success, but he's been the poster boy for volatility.  When push comes to shove it's just the reality that Eppler doesn't play that way when it comes to RPs.

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Trout decision is on Trout.   I'll be happy if Eppler can put the team in a position to win with or without Trout.  Ultimately that's what I'll be grading him on.  Resigning him would be a major win and wash away a lot of disappointment but if he screws everything else up his tenure will be no better than Dipoto's.

True. But if Trout gives Eppler any indication that he wants to play the last half of his career with the Phillies and will enter FA, this is on Eppler to trade him and get as much as you can before that happens. 

I love Trout and hope he plays out his entire career with our team, but I'm an Angels fan first. So backup the f'n truck with all your top prospects if Trout will test FA.