• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Lozano's Had Enough (Press Beat-down!)

Angelsjunky

(I know there are other Machado threads, but this seems worth starting its own thread).

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/agent-dan-lozano-issues-statement-on-latest-manny-machado-reports.html

That's a pretty strong statement - and I can't blame him for it.

If people don't know, this is in reference to rumors that Chicago is offering 7/$175M for Machado, which is obviously way lower than anyone expected.

IDK, i mean of course its what he would say, but the people reporting this are not beat writers, they know people.  Why would they even say it is it wasnt true, thats a reputation hit from hell if it ends up way higher.   Also It would explain why they havent signed. 
7/175 is still 25M per, hardly an insulting offer.
Why do either of these guys deserve more than Stanton?  

This is exactly what I was talking about in regard to Jon Heyman.  There's absolutely no interest in validating these reports.  It's consequence free sensationalism.  They get to lie all day, every day in order to generate esteem and page views.  The media should be required to filter at least a little bit of what they report. 

15 minutes ago, floplag said:

IDK, i mean of course its what he would say, but the people reporting this are not beat writers, they know people.  Why would they even say it is it wasnt true, thats a reputation hit from hell if it ends up way higher.   Also It would explain why they havent signed. 
7/175 is still 25M per, hardly an insulting offer.

The reason they would say it is they can easily say there was a last minute development where a bidding war occurred, thus the higher price. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The reason they would say it is they can easily say there was a last minute development where a bidding war occurred, thus the higher price. 

perhaps, still though it feels a bit like a boy who cried wolf scenario to be that far off if it end up being true.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't blame Lozano in the least and these writers do need to STFU because they are tampering with the market. These negotiations are not for public consumption before the deal is officially announced and it does not matter what source these guys have. 

for the 5th day in a row today i read another article/post/tweet about Trout to Philly... at some point does this start to constitute collusion?  Today it was mlb network itself on air and on twitter. 

27 minutes ago, floplag said:

for the 5th day in a row today i read another article/post/tweet about Trout to Philly... at some point does this start to constitute collusion?  Today it was mlb network itself on air and on twitter. 

Why doesn't the national media just get a room with the Phillies, and fellate away?

31 minutes ago, floplag said:

you answered your own question.

keep clicking away . . .