• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obscure players

I think I've found the most obscure baseball player of all time. A fellow named Higby, who played in one game for the Brooklyn Atlantics of the National Association in 1872. Nothing else is known about him, not even his first name.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/higby01.shtml

Higby sucked -- this is the best obscure player of all time.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/t/tebeapu01.shtml

Ray Shook...played in one game for the White Sox in 1916. No batting record, no fielding record. He may have been a pinch-runner, which was not recorded.

He does have a baseball card, however.

WSCV_Ray_Shook.jpg

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/shookra01.shtml

I also have a baseball card. On the back it says I made 3 outs in one inning. It's my T-Ball card

ha. that team was awesome.  They finished two games ahead of the 3-26 brooklyn eckfords. 

That poor freakin pitcher.  16 years old.  He faced 1762 batters in 335ip.  Over five per inning.  Those games must have been five hours long.  Seriously, that kids arm must have been hamburger. 

On a side note, the Eckfords scored 152 runs and gave up 413 in 29 games. 

A historical excerpt mentioned that Old Hoss Radbourn - a hall of famer from that era - arm was so shot that he wouldn't warm up in front of people because it took him a number of pitches just so he could throw the distance from the mound to the plate.  He pitched over 4500 innings in 11 seasons. 

A historical excerpt mentioned that Old Hoss Radbourn - a hall of famer from that era - arm was so shot that he wouldn't warm up in front of people because it took him a number of pitches just so he could throw the distance from the mound to the plate.  He pitched over 4500 innings in 11 seasons. 

His 1884 season was ridiculous. A record of 59-12, 1.38 ERA, with 73 complete games and 11 shutouts. He faced an all-time high of 2,672 batters.