• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hall of Fame voting

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

I don't get how Edgar is getting in. I mean they declined him 9 times previously and all of a sudden at #10 he's a HOFer? lol

If you dont make it at 9 tries, you don't belong there. Seems like a charity case.

Hoffman set up Rivera.

Edgar is going to set up Moo.

no mention here that former HALO Vernon Wells was eligible this year and it appears he will fall off the list of eligibles in his first year.

Here's a Halos worst contracts HOF:

Gary Matthews Jr.

Vernon Wells

Josh Hamilton

Kevin Appier

some folks might want to add guys like Albert Pujols or Mo Vaughn to that list - but at least both of them out up pretty decent stats --

Vaughn of course ties Alex Johnson as one of the most toxic clubhouse guys in Halos history.

HOF voting is IN,

Hope that Omar Vizquel continues to climb.

During the era of shortstops : Jeter, Nomar, Cal Ripkin Jr. etc.  OMAR was the best defensive SS of them all.

He ranks right below Ozzie Smith on my all time defensive SS list,

Would like to see Vizquel get in at some point, He climbed up to about 40/45 percent of the vote this year,

6 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

The biggest atrocity of them all is Baines getting in back in December... dude doesn’t get more than 6% when he was on the ballot then somehow manufactures a way through some bullsht process the HOF has in order to get in... ugh baseball should really be ashamed of themselves 

Although connected by the game itself..the HOF and "baseball" are two completely separate entities, right? 

It's actually more difficult to DH than play a position very poorly.  

Edgar was actually a solid defender at 3b for the first 5 years of his career and the turf was destroying his legs.  He could have easily played 1b but the option was to keep him healthy and play some other very good 1bmen for seattle in the late 90's and early 2000's like Paul Sorrento, David Segui, John Olerud.

He was absolutely one of the best hitter in baseball for over a 10 year period.  If you think he was a roid guy that might change your outlook, but it's hard to know that and there was never any indication of such.  

He's a HOFer without question in my mind.  

Mussina is as well.  No doubt.  top 6 cy young 9 times.  The guy had 82.2 fWAR.  Even if you don't like WAR, it tells you how good he was vs. his peers for a really long time.  

8 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

Mussina is not a hall of famer neither is Martinez... These baseball writers are a joke and more than half of them won’t even make their vote public. 

Sham

I do not agree.

Why would arguably the best pure DH of all-time not belong in the HoF? David Ortiz is tainted by PEDs, I doubt Edgar ever did them as he was never a true power hitter nor did he have the physique of someone on the juice. Hell ... Edgar has MORE WAR than Ortiz anyway. I understand you are not a Mariner fan, but watching Edgar in his prime (especially '95) was ridiculous. The guy was always clutch. The guy could spray the ball ALL over the field. 

Just look at this small amount of spray chart info they have on Edgar .... 

Career line of .312/.418/.515 over 18 seasons ..... with one team. His home / away splits are basically the SAME ... so he wasn't just a product of the Kingdome.

I just completely fail to see anyone's side that Edgar doesn't belong in the HoF just because he didn't really play the field. The fact that it took 9 years to get in astounds me, but hey .... at least he's there now.