• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels, Anaheim expected to agree to one-year lease extension

Dollar Bill

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think Tustin has moved on...and that surrounding area is as bland as the area surrounding Angel Stadium...hell, probably worse. Freeway access is awful (55/5 interchange area).

Ultimately Anaheim area makes the most geographic sense, both sides know it

Yep.  I believe that a deal that makes sense for both sides will be struck.  Hopefully, it will be settled sooner, rather than later. 

As much as the Angels want to find a new Southern California home, it just isn't happening.  California as a state is already being horribly taxed, and any politician looking to be re-elected isn't going to be imposing new, unpopular taxes upon the population unless they are 100% in favor of it.  So the Angels won't be getting ANY funding from any other city in the area.  At the same rate, the Angels geographically speaking have easy freeway access, a huge parking lot available for development and a city and area that by and large supports the team.

I think the end game here is the Angels and the city of Anaheim play hard ball for a couple more years but eventually negotiate a compromise that will keep the Angels in Anaheim, with Arte and the city both footing the bill on an entirely renovated new stadium. This will take a long time though, mostly because Angel Stadium doesn't need just a face lift this time.  Parts of it need to be gutted and restructured. 

I suppose they could try to do this during the offseason for a few years.  The only alternative is for the Angels to find a new home stadium for one year while the changes are made, like the Chargers and Rams have done with the Stubhub Center. 

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

As much as the Angels want to find a new Southern California home, it just isn't happening.  California as a state is already being horribly taxed, and any politician looking to be re-elected isn't going to be imposing new, unpopular taxes upon the population unless they are 100% in favor of it.  So the Angels won't be getting ANY funding from any other city in the area.  At the same rate, the Angels geographically speaking have easy freeway access, a huge parking lot available for development and a city and area that by and large supports the team.

I think the end game here is the Angels and the city of Anaheim play hard ball for a couple more years but eventually negotiate a compromise that will keep the Angels in Anaheim, with Arte and the city both footing the bill on an entirely renovated new stadium. This will take a long time though, mostly because Angel Stadium doesn't need just a face lift this time.  Parts of it need to be gutted and restructured. 

I suppose they could try to do this during the offseason for a few years.  The only alternative is for the Angels to find a new home stadium for one year while the changes are made, like the Chargers and Rams have done with the Stubhub Center. 

One day....

angels stadium.jpg

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

One day....

angels stadium.jpg

The skyline really wouldn't reflect what they're going for in that picture though.  Basically just a bunch of cookie-cutter high-0rise hotels and skyscrapers in the background.  Surely, there's more to the OC lifestyle than that. 

Ultimately what I'd like to see the Angels and Anaheim pull off is simply a recognizing of trends.  Why have a 50,000 seat stadium that remains half empty every game when you can build a 30,000 seat stadium with more intimate seating and a So-Cal theme to match?  Those 30,000 seats would be in high demand and the whole ambiance would be visually stunning. 

7 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The skyline really wouldn't reflect what they're going for in that picture though.  Basically just a bunch of cookie-cutter high-0rise hotels and skyscrapers in the background.  Surely, there's more to the OC lifestyle than that. 

Ultimately what I'd like to see the Angels and Anaheim pull off is simply a recognizing of trends.  Why have a 50,000 seat stadium that remains half empty every game when you can build a 30,000 seat stadium with more intimate seating and a So-Cal theme to match?  Those 30,000 seats would be in high demand and the whole ambiance would be visually stunning. 

That really would be incredible. Build a new stadium on the current lot with 30,000 seats. then aside from the new apartment complex, give in an LA Live type feel. Shops, food, tourist area. 

The Angels lead the majors in attendance, why in the hell would they drop 15k seats? When they’re good more people show up to their seats. 

I sit field level so it’s already pretty intimate, I don’t know of a better ballpark when it comes to sight lines. 

Yes it needs help with amenities and concessions and sometimes the parking can be a pain if you get there late, but Angels stadium is so far better than Dodgers it’s not even close.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Do you know how expensive those tickets would be?

screw that.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

If they were to build a new stadium on that site, they would do it in the parking lot and play in the existing stadium. No need to find a temporary home.   A few Disney size parking structures would give them enough parking and then open up the old stadium ground to new development.