• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

We can only hope, buddy. My wife is almost done with grad school, so I'm waiting for my Obama Phone Biden Student Loan Bailout.

I think the best we can hope for is $10k-$50k relief. Biden seems hesitant to do anything about student loan debt, so hopefully AOC and Bernie force his hand.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You're such a neolib.

I am what I am. I'm liberal but i don't agree with everything on the platform. I believe in capitalism with strong social programs.

The student loan program could use some reforms but completely wiping out entire students loans for a select group is not the answer. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

I am what I am. I'm liberal but i don't agree with everything on the platform. I believe in capitalism with strong social programs.

The student loan program could use some reforms but completely wiping out entire students loans for a select group is not the answer. 

Imagine how much the stonks would go up if 20s and 30s professionals suddenly had an additional $200 to $500 extra to spend every month.

But yeah, it's easy for me to say because I was and idoit and chose to go to Pepperdine. If I had to do it again, I'd go the community college route and then go to Fullerton. But then Blarg couldn't make fun of me for my journalism degree from a top 50 university.

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Imagine how much the stonks would go up if 20s and 30s professionals suddenly had an additional $200 to $500 extra to spend every month.

But yeah, it's easy for me to say because I was and idoit and chose to go to Pepperdine. If I had to do it again, I'd go the community college route and then go to Fullerton. But then Blarg couldn't make fun of me for my journalism degree from a top 50 university.

If you can Taylor, throw an extra fifty to a hundred bucks a month towards principle. Any extra interest you can avoid, the better.

10 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I hate it when my stonks go down.

so does my wife

43 minutes ago, Taylor said:

"It was difficult for me so it should be difficult for everyone else."

It's more like, you chose the Tesla instead of the Honda Civic, now you want the government to cover the difference for you. Maybe when they are done fixing the student loan issue they can tackle this one too?

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's more like, you chose the Tesla instead of the Honda Civic, now you want the government to cover the difference for you. Maybe when they are done fixing the student loan issue they can tackle this one too?

Well, an argument could be made for the predatory practices that take advantage of dumb teenagers and rope them into decades of paying off an education.

But yeah yeah, personal responsibility and all that. I'll be paying off my student loans until the cows come home, but I won't complain if that burden is removed.