Jump to content
  • AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yeah, it is a problem. 3 billion Chinese and Indians wanting a piece of the pie. But we can't exactly convince them to limit emissions if we don't.

We have, they haven’t done a thing and to think they will, especially the Chinese, is ignoring recent history 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally a candidate that is dealing with something important to me.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

We have, they haven’t done a thing and to think they will, especially the Chinese, is ignoring recent history 

So fuck it, then? We seem to have two options:

1) We're doomed, so I'm going to get my kicks in (make money) before the whole shit-house goes up in flames (to quite Jim Morrison).

2) We're doomed, but still have to try to find some way to survive and thrive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Angelsjunky said:

So fuck it, then? We seem to have two options:

1) We're doomed, so I'm going to get my kicks in (make money) before the whole shit-house goes up in flames (to quite Jim Morrison).

2) We're doomed, but still have to try to find some way to survive and thrive.

I didn’t say that, but right now all the Paris Accords do is put on a virtue signaling show

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

So fuck it, then? We seem to have two options:

1) We're doomed, so I'm going to get my kicks in (make money) before the whole shit-house goes up in flames (to quite Jim Morrison).

2) We're doomed, but still have to try to find some way to survive and thrive.

No, we should do things that help us lower our role in polluting the earth and we have done lots of things. The whole green energy end of things keeps expanding every year as technology increases and eventually we will have very little use of fossil fuels. I think most Americans would rather not pay utility bills if possible but I don't think it's realistic to just force it at this point. To think that if we don't go into it 110% then the earth will die is rather silly. If the world's largest populations do not commit to making serious reforms then it really doesn't matter what we do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the dems are going to stuff the Supreme Court.

Biden starts staffing a commission on Supreme Court reform

The Biden administration is moving forward with the creation of a bipartisan commission to study reforms to the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/27/biden-supreme-court-reform-463126

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Looks like the dems are going to stuff the Supreme Court.

Biden starts staffing a commission on Supreme Court reform

The Biden administration is moving forward with the creation of a bipartisan commission to study reforms to the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/27/biden-supreme-court-reform-463126

I don't think they'll have the congressional votes to do this. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Looks like the dems are going to stuff the Supreme Court.

Biden starts staffing a commission on Supreme Court reform

The Biden administration is moving forward with the creation of a bipartisan commission to study reforms to the Supreme Court and the federal judiciary.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/27/biden-supreme-court-reform-463126

This is how he is going to bring us together and create unity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think they'll have the congressional votes to do this. 

 

if a president and his party try to stack the supreme court while they're in power by adding more justices so they can have a majority, this is going to set a precedent so insane that it'll only get worse. we'll eventually end up with a SCOTUS of 75 people because politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tank said:

if a president and his party try to stack the supreme court while they're in power by adding more justices so they can have a majority, this is going to set a precedent so insane that it'll only get worse. we'll eventually end up with a SCOTUS of 75 people because politics.

I'm sure you're just as disgusted by the Republicans being blatant, gleeful hypocrites by sitting on Merrick Garland's nomination for 10 months and then confirming Barrett in 2 weeks. 

Redondo said in another thread that turnabout is fair play. Maybe he's right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure you're just as disgusted by the Republicans being blatant, gleeful hypocrites by sitting on Merrick Garland's nomination for 10 months and then confirming Barrett in 2 weeks. 

Redondo said in another thread that turnabout is fair play. Maybe he's right.

You do see the danger with the move though, right?  It is blatantly trying to cancel the entire idea of balance of power.  Now I was one of the first to call out the senate for not doing their job when they didn’t have a hearing for Garland and I don’t like the 7-2 numbers but this isn’t the way to fix it.  Turn about might be fair play but one bad deed shouldn’t lead to another

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure you're just as disgusted by the Republicans being blatant, gleeful hypocrites by sitting on Merrick Garland's nomination for 10 months and then confirming Barrett in 2 weeks. 

Redondo said in another thread that turnabout is fair play. Maybe he's right.

They were stupid for how they handled Garland but it's not the same thing as packing the court like the dems want to do now. Nothing wrong with how the Barrett appointment was handled  

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sure you're just as disgusted by the Republicans being blatant, gleeful hypocrites by sitting on Merrick Garland's nomination for 10 months and then confirming Barrett in 2 weeks. 

Redondo said in another thread that turnabout is fair play. Maybe he's right.

This is childish. The Supreme Court is one of the checks and balances not a chess piece to sacrifice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...