• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

and once again, no mention about asking citizens to stop breaking the law or to take personal responsibility for their behavior.

i know you disagree with this and will have a book for me to read, but i'm not going to do that. i will die on this hill about personal responsibility.

My friend, it's not a matter of personal responsibility vs. fixing systemic corruption. It's both/and. 

Private prisons are toxic and corrupt. Even someone who doesn't believe there's a mass incarceration problem can see that. 

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This is going to be horrible.  Just like in Calolfornia.  The reason why we have private prisons is because we have nowhere to put the criminals.  Now that you get rid of all these prisons, there will be the overcrowding factor.  Which means, early release.  It was a clusterfuck in Calolfornia, it's going to be a clusterfuck on the Fed level.

You're right. The prison system is just fine as it is, and incarceration numbers have only increased exponentially since the 1970s because there are more people breaking laws.

53 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Biden to ban new permits for drilling on federal lands, waters for one year

I thought Biden wanted to create more jobs here?

Well he's keeping his campaign promise of not issuing NEW permits for federal land. But according to this article, 

"only 12% of U.S. natural gas production and nearly a quarter of U.S. oil production coming from federal lands, according to a 2020 study from the American Petroleum Institute, an energy industry group.

And the president does not even have the power to ban fracking nationally.

Biden had promised during the campaign trail that he would not enact a nationwide fracking ban—but created confusion by misstating his position during debates with both Bernie Sanders in the primary, and later, with Donald Trump, and later had to issue clarifications."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2021/01/21/did-biden-break-campaign-promise-on-fracking-no-heres-why/?sh=3fcad38975a2

We'll see what happens I guess.

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Only 12%? That’s a pretty big chunk. 

For sure. I look at this way though. If 88% of production is happening on land Biden can’t do anything about, we still have that. Plus his temporary or (eventual permanent ban) on new leases still allows existing ones to continue. How long those will last I have no idea.

Also according to this article (they mention 10%, not 12%) they have a stock pile of permits and production will keep going

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN29Q1S5

Again, I’m all for a nice clean environment and people having jobs. So the Dems big talk of having both better come to fruition for them or they’ll be booted out of office and their policy decisions will be reversed as is the norm with what we’ve seen with Obama and Trump’s policies.

21 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

By the way, Joe showed who and what he cares about when he just used a pen to ditch Keystone.  He went right after probable Trump voters and middle-america.  He did this with a stroke of his pen and not a word of condodence, encouragement or apology.  Tens of thousands of people put out of work without a word to them.

What an ass

You should really research shit before you parrot propaganda you got from a Facebook page.

The jobs are temporary. The jobs would last maybe 6 months, then once the pipeline is constructed those jobs are gone again.

If I hire you to fix a leaking pipe in my house, you don't work for me forever. The oil industry publishes this BS to get you riled up over nonsense.

I'm not saying temporary jobs aren't good as well, but I don't get the impression you guys realize they are temporary.

49 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

You should really research shit before you parrot propaganda you got from a Facebook page.

The jobs are temporary. The jobs would last maybe 6 months, then once the pipeline is constructed those jobs are gone again.

If I hire you to fix a leaking pipe in my house, you don't work for me forever. The oil industry publishes this BS to get you riled up over nonsense.

I'm not saying temporary jobs aren't good as well, but I don't get the impression you guys realize they are temporary.

Again you proved you are such an ignorant tool. MT lives directly in the path of the pipeline and it isn't just workers to build the pipeline it also those to manage and maintain it. You should probably do some research rather than belch something up from your echo chamber of like minded lemmings. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Again you proved you are such an ignorant tool. MT lives directly in the path of the pipeline and it isn't just workers to build the pipeline it also those to manage and maintain it. You should probably do some research rather than belch something up from your echo chamber of like minded lemmings. 

All 35 of them?

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

5 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

These fools think these 11k jobs are permanent lol.

If you build my house, you don't build it forever. It's the nature of the construction industry. They will simply move on to another project.

Grow a brain people. Shit.

I freaking live out here.  I drive past the pipeline several times a year.  Try a couple of years of work with really good pay and benefits.   You really should research stuff before you spout stuff you read off of Twitter 

Edited by mtangelsfan

10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Hey man, I freaking live out here.  I drive past the pipeline several times a year.  Try a couple of years of work with really good pay and benefits.   You really should research stuff before you spout stuff you read off of Twitter 

Before Biden signed his executive order, only a 1.2-mile section of the pipeline had been completed in Montana near the U.S.-Canada border.

Over the past several years, we’ve fact-checked many claims that the Keystone XL pipeline would create thousands of American jobs. Several of them lack context about the duration and nature of these positions, and this Facebook post is similar.

The 11,000 figure in the Facebook post appears to stem from an Oct. 28 press release on the pipeline’s website.

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period. 

The State Department forecasted that no more than 50 jobs, some of which could be located in Canada, would be required to maintain the pipeline. Thirty-five of them would be permanent, while 15 would be temporary contractors.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/politifact/article/fact-check-biden-politifact-keystone-xl-pipe-oil-15899519.php

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2021/01/22/keystone-pipeline-jobs-lost-joe-biden-executive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

Before Biden signed his executive order, only a 1.2-mile section of the pipeline had been completed in Montana near the U.S.-Canada border.

Over the past several years, we’ve fact-checked many claims that the Keystone XL pipeline would create thousands of American jobs. Several of them lack context about the duration and nature of these positions, and this Facebook post is similar.

The 11,000 figure in the Facebook post appears to stem from an Oct. 28 press release on the pipeline’s website.

In the report, the agency wrote that 10,400 estimated positions would be for seasonal construction work lasting four to eight-month periods. Since the State Department defines "job" as "one position that is filled for 1 year," that would equate to approximately 3,900 jobs over a two-year period. 

The State Department forecasted that no more than 50 jobs, some of which could be located in Canada, would be required to maintain the pipeline. Thirty-five of them would be permanent, while 15 would be temporary contractors.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/politifact/article/fact-check-biden-politifact-keystone-xl-pipe-oil-15899519.php

The jobs this article is referencing are the people that are hires directly by the pipeline company, not the thousands who work for other companies that support the pipeline, like oilfid construction companies and along with many other similar businesses. 

23 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Who needs a planet to live in? Yep, It's better to have a job for 6 months instead of a pipeline that will kill off the planet forever.

Your position is that the keystone pipeline was going to destroy the planet?

23 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Who needs a planet to live in? Yep, It's better to have a job for 6 months instead of a pipeline that will kill off the planet forever.

The keystones pipeline is not going to destroy the planet. It does lessen the burden on other forms of oil distribution from extraction to refinery. Other more polluting and inefficient transportation like rail or trucking. Two forms of transportation that are prone to accidental spillage, more so that a non moving pipeline. 

But...

You should think once in a while of the bigger picture. 

34 minutes ago, Blarg said:

30 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

All 35 of them?

Yeah Blarg, fuck those people!