• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/3/2021 at 10:18 AM, St1ck said:

Stay classy MAGAs. Guy just won his first race and you try to ruin his moment. Also I thought we are supposed to keep politics out of sports?

Page one of the MAGA playbook says do what you bitch about others doing. When the cult leader bitches about something it is really exactly what he is up to. Deflection. 

45 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Page one of the MAGA playbook says do what you bitch about others doing. When the cult leader bitches about something it is really exactly what he is up to. Deflection. 

Lol now that is right out of Saul Alinskys playbook. From Russia to Ukrainian the dems basically did 10 fold what they accused trump of. 

This alone should be why everyone should be against this new spending package.

GOP ramps up attacks on IRS proposal for spending package

The Biden administration earlier this year proposed requiring financial institutions to report on annual IRS forms the aggregate inflows and outflows for bank accounts, in cases where accounts have flows above $600. The administration has estimated that the proposal would raise about $460 billion over the next decade through enforcement.

The IRS Is Cracking Down on Small-Time eBay and Etsy Sellers

Beginning in January 2022, anyone who sells more than $600 worth of goods through on the online auction site or rivals like Etsy or Facebook Marketplace will receive a 1099-K form, detailing the transactions for the IRS. For now, only sellers who move $20,000 worth of goods and complete at least 200 transactions have their activity automatically reported.

The new rules, part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, apply to anyone who receives payments for goods or services that are processed by third-party payment networks, like PayPal or Venmo.

Ramifications are pretty high.  Say for instance I sell Tank my golf clubs for $700.  And deposit that money in my bank account.  If I don't declare that on my IRS forms, then I would be considered a tax cheat.  Adam sells his clunker for $2000, and doesn't declare on the IRS form.  He's a tax cheat.  

they say this is to go after the wealthy.  But the regular folks are going to be the one's that pay.

59 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Ramifications are pretty high.  Say for instance I sell Tank my golf clubs for $700.  And deposit that money in my bank account.  If I don't declare that on my IRS forms, then I would be considered a tax cheat.  Adam sells his clunker for $2000, and doesn't declare on the IRS form.  He's a tax cheat.  

they say this is to go after the wealthy.  But the regular folks are going to be the one's that pay.

That means a lot of people will be doing more deals in straight cash. That also means that banning cash is next on the government's agenda.

8 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

That means a lot of people will be doing more deals in straight cash. That also means that banning cash is next on the government's agenda.

covid has shown us that we can live and do business without cash, so this is possible.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

why is $600 the watermark on this? and why does the gov't need to know how/where i'm spending my money? this is an invasive idea, and a very dangerous precedent.

and i wouldn't pay more than $350 for your clubs.

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I'm assuming it's because $600 is the threshold for requiring a 1099-Misc.  

that number seems particularly low to me. my monthly rent is three times that amount, and i'm sure it's that way for a clear majority of us here. why does the gov't need to know that? why do they need to know if i drop $1500 on a new fridge or a set of golf clubs?

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

that number seems particularly low to me. my monthly rent is three times that amount, and i'm sure it's that way for a clear majority of us here. why does the gov't need to know that? why do they need to know if i drop $1500 on a new fridge or a set of golf clubs?

I'm just guessing that's where the $600 amount may have come from.  The intent is to get tax revenue out of transactions that currently aren't being taxed because there's no tax form being filed with the IRS when in reality for some of them there should be.  The $600 threshold for bank transactions seems like it would be a nightmare to track and weed through but it's a reason for an inefficient government entity to become more bloated and wasteful.