• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Tank said:

tell me you don't understand economics without saying you don't understand economics.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/052815/does-raising-minimum-wage-increase-inflation.asp

While arguments for wage-push inflation exist, the empirical evidence to back these arguments up is not always strong. Historically, minimum wage increases have had only a very weak association with inflationary pressures on prices in an economy.

For example, in 2016, researchers from the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research found that "[Using monthly price series] ...the pass-through effect is entirely concentrated on the month that the minimum wage change goes into effect, and is much smaller than what the canonical literature has found."

Their research examined the effect of prices on minimum wage increases in various states in the U.S. from 1978 through 2015. It was intended to explore the magnitude of the pass-through effect and add to the discussion about how different policies may shape the effect that minimum wage increases have on prices.

Their first main finding was that "wage-price elasticities are notably lower than reported in previous work: we find prices grow by 0.36 percent for every 10 percent increase in the minimum wage." Moreover, increases in prices following minimum wage hikes generally have occurred in the month the minimum wage hike is implemented, and not in the months before or the months after.

Based on their research, they also make the claim that a "small" minimum wage hike (between five and 15%) does not lead to higher prices. On the other hand, large minimum wage hikes have clear positive effects on output prices (which can ripple through to higher consumer prices).

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

Now everything will be Tree dollars 

You are correct, dollars are made out of paper, from trees.  

I was in line behind a guy at the store using plastic for around $1.50 charge and his PIN didn't work.  It just came out of my mouth, "the dude would have brought his checkbook."  Glad he wasn't open carrying.  

1 minute ago, Crampknees said:

You are correct, dollars are made out of paper, from trees.  

I was in line behind a guy at the store using plastic for around $1.50 charge and his PIN didn't work.  It just came out of my mouth, "the dude would have brought his checkbook."  Glad he wasn't open carrying.  

Yes I’m impatient. It’s the damn lottery players and ebt people that always slow me down. 

48 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There's that whole "lib shooting the messenger" thing again. Like clockwork.

You have absolutely no fucking room to talk. The prior 4 years you called everything fake news and accused people of having a derangement syndrome. 

Just now, St1ck said:

You have absolutely no fucking room to talk. The prior 4 years you called everything fake news and accused people of having a derangement syndrome. 

I think I said "fake news" maybe twice and I probably backed it up. If you can show me where I said that and I was wrong have at it.