• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, cals said:

Honest question: Did anyone heres family come to the US illegally.  And as a follow up, why are you lying to us?

My Great Grandfather came from Italy under sponsorship (had guaranteed employment), which was legal immigration back in the late 1800 and early 1900's. Proof of employment was all you needed to get through Ellis Island. It was easier if you had connections in the States. 

Just now, Taylor said:

White people would love all of the jobs that undocumented immigrants from Mexico occupy.

I worked in several of those job fields. I was also working with undocumented Vietnamese. 10 hour days four days a week and Friday was a short day, only 8 hours. 

38 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You are one old fart.

But I respect you.

I had a conversation with my lifelong friend about being older now. Other than needing more pit stops on road trips and can't work on cars all day without Advil, we don't necessarily feel all that old. But, yeah, we are definitely eligible for the senior menu. 

One of the first jobs I had was working in a printed circuit board shop, in the electroplating department. I was the only white guy in the department. That was 1978.

It was a shitty job but ok for an 18-year-old. The job required you to work with a lot of nasty chemicals, I think that's why there were mostly Mexicans working in electroplating. It wasn't a job for dummies it was just bad conditions.

I only did that job for about 6 months and then I was able to find an opening in another department. When the opening became available they didn't want to transfer me because I was pretty good at electroplating. But they respected me because I was willing to work a job that usually only Mexicans worked. I didn't come from money, I was taught you had to work for a living.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Biden to allow migrant families separated under Trump to reunite in the U.S.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/01/biden-reunite-separated-families-border-471940

These separated families suffered unfathomably because of what our government did, and we owe them restitution

Did our government force them out of their home country or round them up to try and come here illegally? The article also doesn't mention why they were separated in the first place. i would think there may be some more nuance to that.