• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Sears/Kmart

Lhalo

46 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Although they've been mismanaged for years, so this may have been coming anyways. Amazon certainly helped it along.

Think it is more Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy than Amazon.  That said, too bad Sears killed their catalog business right when ecommerce was getting going.  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Stanley/Black and Decker actually bought Craftsman a few years ago. So Craftsman will likely hang around still.

But their tools have been crap for years now. Not what they used to be.

I noticed Lowes has been advertising themselves as "The new home of Craftsman" to take advantage of those that weren't aware of this.  

7 minutes ago, well_red said:

Think it is more Home Depot, Lowe's, Best Buy than Amazon.  That said, too bad Sears killed their catalog business right when ecommerce was getting going.  

Yeah, I was going to say.  Sears was Amazon before Amazon was even a thought.  I remember that dreaded day for postmen.  When their annual catalog came out.  If it wasn't in the catalog, you didn't want it.  

I'm trying to think of their products.  Craftsman tools, Die Hard batteries, Kenmore washer dryers and fridges.  

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I was going to say.  Sears was Amazon before Amazon was even a thought.  I remember that dreaded day for postmen.  When their annual catalog came out.  If it wasn't in the catalog, you didn't want it.  

the sears christmas catalogue was a gift from heaven. when it arrived, my parents would allow me and my brother to go through it and mark the things we wanted for christmas. that was just a beautiful experience for a kid. anything was fair game, from toys to sports to NFL bedding. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 9:56 AM, Tank said:

craftsman tools were excellent. gonna miss those.

You don't have to. I went to Lowe's last week and they are all over the store. In an attempt to fend off liquidation, Sears sold the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black and Decker. The tools still carry a lifetime replacement warranty. I remember my father breaking a wrench that he had for almost 30 years. Took it to Sears and they handed him a new one, no questions asked.

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

You don't have to. I went to Lowe's last week and they are all over the store. In an attempt to fend off liquidation, Sears sold the Craftsman brand to Stanley Black and Decker. The tools still carry a lifetime replacement warranty. I remember my father breaking a wrench that he had for almost 30 years. Took it to Sears and they handed him a new one, no questions asked.

thanks for the info.

now all i need a is a lowe's somewhere near me.