• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Kole Calhoun REALLY going to start in 2019?

Torridd

20 hours ago, Second Base said:

Kole Calhoun should at the very least, be the lion's share platoon starter in RF.  He can't hit lefties worth a crap, and hopefully some of the others can.  But, when Kole is hot, he's hitting both lefties and righties. 

So I'd give him full playing time, at least until May 15.  If he still hasn't got it going by then, I'd platoon him.  If by June 15th, he still isn't hitting, then it would be time for a phantom DL stint like last year.  If July 15th rolls around, and he still hasn't come back to at least hit RHP, then it would be time to part ways. 

But there's a lot that needs to happen before I go another direction.

Remember when Calhoun first came up and everyone bitched because Scioscia platooned him against left handers?  Oh the memories!

TIL Hermosillo slashed .333/.400/.611/1.011 over 14 games in September last year. An optimistic take says he is successfully adjusting to major league pitching and may be serviceable in right moving forward. Small sample size, but maybe he can have success as a 4th outfielder/platoon with Calhoun/someone who makes Calhoun the 4th outfielder until Adell arrives.

13 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I think he deserves a couple months to see if he can put up close to his career averages again.

But there should be a pretty short leash on him. If it isn't working by June, they probably need to pull the plug

That’s what they did last year.  A short leash isn’t waiting and watching until June.  A short leash is he’s not a starter anymore by the end of April.  The Angels don’t need to give him 2 and half months to figure out whether he’s going to hit or not.  Calhoun isn’t a rookie.  He’s going to preform or he’s not. 

And he probably won’t.  In the batters box anyway. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I think he deserves a couple months to see if he can put up close to his career averages again.

But there should be a pretty short leash on him. If it isn't working by June, they probably need to pull the plug

June is too long.