• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels were main finalists for Zach Britton

10 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Actually, what matters is that one of the WC teams ahead of us just got stronger. Apparently at our expense.

It wasn’t our expense.  Also I would take the Yankees in that division right now, not that that matters in the discussion.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Actually, what matters is that one of the WC teams ahead of us just got stronger. Apparently at our expense.

the yanks are pretty far ahead of us and likely the div favorite.  Tampa and Minnesota are our biggest threats.  

At this point actually, Houston sitting on their hands could give us some life.  A pitching injury or Verlander acting 36 sorta gives us a chance.  

Houston hasn't sat on their hands. They got a better hitting catcher and a great hitting outfielder.

It will take more than one injury to have them come back to us. And that assumes we have no injuries. Correa was almost a non-factor last year, due to injuries. And they still won 23 more games than us. I still like their 3-4 starters better than any of ours. I'm talking about McHugh and James. 

They really should trade some of their outfield surplus. Brantley, Springer, Kemp, Reddick, the kid Tucker, Marisnick. Although, I can see a situation where some of those outfielders would simply become DHs, depending on the matchup.

Would love for the Angels to get Kemp as a leadoff hitter. I cant imagine the Astros would help us out like that, though. 

13 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the yanks are pretty far ahead of us and likely the div favorite.  Tampa and Minnesota are our biggest threats.  

At this point actually, Houston sitting on their hands could give us some life.  A pitching injury or Verlander acting 36 sorta gives us a chance.  

For their long-term success, it may be in Houston's best interest to sort of sit on their hands this offseason and try to work in some of their next wave of prospects.