• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels were main finalists for Zach Britton

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/angels-were-main-finalists-for-zach-britton.html

I posted this in the offseason thread but I figured it deserved its own.

The Angels were once again runner-ups. While it's good knowing that they were in on some top talent, it's disappointing that Moreno is sticking to his guns and has what is starting to become a phobia of going over a certain amount.

12 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So Adrian Beltre all over again?

What did you hear about the years? More years generally means more money correct? That means the Yankees offered more money. It's not like the Angels offered the same amount of money for less years. Or more money for less years.

Adrian Beltre?  Uh ok.  

24 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/angels-were-main-finalists-for-zach-britton.html

I posted this in the offseason thread but I figured it deserved its own.

The Angels were once again runner-ups. While it's good knowing that they were in on some top talent, it's disappointing that Moreno is sticking to his guns and has what is starting to become a phobia of going over a certain amount.

I do think the Angels were smart in some players they didn’t get like Evoldi and Corbin.... way too much money 

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

The Angels didn't offer Beltre the 6th year option so he went to Texas. The Angels didn't offer Britton the same or more years so he went to New York.

One is a hall of famer.  Also read the articles from back then.  Beltre said he was looking for five years.  The Angels offered him five years, then he got six years from Texas.   Maybe you don’t remember all the question marks surrounding the guy at the time.  Hell most everyone here wanted to offer him only four years.  Some didn’t want him at all. 

11 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

So then you offer him 6 years. I don't see the issue here. He made as much sense as any FA for us EVER. He was a perfect fit. He got less than 100 million so excuse me if I don't see the logic in not offering a 6th year option.

You do realize in these negotiations you don’t know whether or not the agent is bluffing and just telling you that the other side is offering 6 years, right?  I have seen articles or tweets lately saying that Beltre basically begged the Angels to sign him.  I think that is incredibly disingenuous when they offered him 5 years. 

This reminds me of a type of fantasy owner in auction leagues. There is always one guy who has their values set and refuses to budge no matter what. 

Sometimes that owner then dominates the second half of the draft.

Sometimes that owner realizes all the good players are gone and they should have stretched the budegt.

Time will tell here.

I'm very nervous about our bullpen. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I continue to think we’re going to be a dark-horse on Machado or Harper, and imagine Keuchel will be on the radar too. It’s obvious they aren’t afraid to spend some coin this offseason, and as the days go on, the odds of these guys requiring an ‘overpay’ start to dwindle.

Man, I hope not!

Good news, we were willing to spend...
bad news, im really sick on coming in second on all of these deals.  
I dont think a lot of them were proper, but it seems that were going to have to overpay at some point to get who we want and the lst of guys that help us is getting really small.
This probably wasnt the guy to do it on, i think that time has passed

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

This reminds me of a type of fantasy owner in auction leagues. There is always one guy who has their values set and refuses to budge no matter what. 

Sometimes that owner then dominates the second half of the draft.

Sometimes that owner realizes all the good players are gone and they should have stretched the budegt.

Time will tell here.

I'm very nervous about our bullpen. 

we just need to have a better negotiator, someone like this guy:

Unknown.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=3983540

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

You do realize in these negotiations you don’t know whether or not the agent is bluffing and just telling you that the other side is offering 6 years, right?  I have seen articles or tweets lately saying that Beltre basically begged the Angels to sign him.  I think that is incredibly disingenuous when they offered him 5 years. 

Gammons said that after he signed with Texas. Like I stated back then, if he really wanted to be an Angel, he would have. Clearly though, that extra years worth of money(16 million I think) was more important. I still think the Angels should have at least offered him the same deal. They didn't and they are still searching for a 3rd baseman to this day.