• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

Ranking 14 Late-Round Sleepers From The 2019 MLB Draft

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/ranking-14-late-round-sleepers-from-the-2019-mlb-draft/?utm_source=Newsletter

7. Greg Veliz, RHP, Angels (15th round)

The Angels drafted several hard-throwing collegians on day three, including Veliz out of Miami. He has a mid-90s fastball and posted a 3.68 ERA over 29.1 innings in the Pioneer and Midwest leagues. He pairs that pitch with a slider that could become an above-average offering and a split-changeup, giving him more than enough weapons out of the bullpen.

13. Shane Kelso, RHP, Angels (24th round)

Another hard-throwing arm in the Angels draft class, Kelso can run his fastball up into the mid-90s and showed bat-missing stuff in the Pioneer and Midwest Leagues. He struck out 24 batters in 20.2 innings between both levels, but will need to improve his control (15 walks) to make the most of his stuff.

I'm not sure if this was ever posted, but thought I'd share. Pretty cool insight into J. Jones when he was Mic'd up this past AFL.

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

John Sickels put out his updated top 100 list on the Atheltic.  Adell is 6 and he’s the only Angel.  Somehow Brandon Marsh isn’t even one of his bubble players.  Even with AFL showing. I find this extremely irritating.  Even though I shouldn’t.  

Sickels has been lower on Marsh than most. No big deal. He was higher on some others like Fletcher, Thaiss, Segura, and Clevinger in the past.

I like his takes. He's not always right but he's very open to correction. 

I sincerely think that all Dodgers prospects get a solid boost just by being Dodgers.  I’d like to hear good argument about why that Grey kid is more worthy of top 100 notoriety then Patrick Sandoval.  

alright I’ll go cry about my butt hurt to myself now. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I sincerely think that all Dodgers prospects get a solid boost just by being Dodgers.  I’d like to hear good argument about why that Grey kid is more worthy of top 100 notoriety then Patrick Sandoval.  

alright I’ll go cry about my butt hurt to myself now. 

3l0y9v.jpg

• Chuck unpinned this topic

What a great thread.  Lets hope 2020 is even better.  I think a lot of us expect to see a good jump from a few of these guys.  Going into 2021 I think we will see Marsh lead the list, followed by either #10 pick in the draft or Adams.  What would help us the most is if our pitching prospects make the leap which will only happen if they are healthy.  

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I feel as if my complete lack of knowledge about our prospects contributed greatly to the success of this thread.

Don't undersell yourself Lou, your complete lack of knowledge on other topics helped too!!!!

• 1 month later...