• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2019 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Chuck

On 11/2/2019 at 12:05 PM, bloodbrother said:

He did, in fact, eat

What is intresting to me about that at bat is Adell was very vulnerable to the high fastball at the start of the AFL, swinging and missing on most of them and never making solid contact. His game adapts to what they are doing to get him out, very reminiscent of Trout in the minor leagues. Trout was unreal in that his adjustments took place in game instead of over games played. But I will take Adell being in the moment enough to realize he will have to be part chameleon to stay on top of the game that is coming at him.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Thoughts on where Kyle Bradish and Aaron Hernandez will start the 2020 season?    Repeat A+, or go to AA?

AA. And that will be the rest test for both of them. If they can succeed as starters in AA, I'd expect the Angels to keep both in that capacity all the way into the majors. 

Aaron Hernandez is going to tell us a lot this year. Not many starters throw as hard as he does, or have his stature and effort. If he ends up being a starting other, I'd liken him with Marcus Stroman. But most, myself included expect Hernandez to end up in relief. I mean if he's occasionally touching 98 as a starter, imagine where he might be in relief.

I think Jahmai Jones should start in AAA with Marsh and Adell as well. 

The way he finished in AA and how good he did in the AFL. He's earned it. 

Plus I think it goes a long way for a player's confidence IMO to move up with his teammates instead of getting left behind.

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

AA. And that will be the rest test for both of them. If they can succeed as starters in AA, I'd expect the Angels to keep both in that capacity all the way into the majors. 

Aaron Hernandez is going to tell us a lot this year. Not many starters throw as hard as he does, or have his stature and effort. If he ends up being a starting other, I'd liken him with Marcus Stroman. But most, myself included expect Hernandez to end up in relief. I mean if he's occasionally touching 98 as a starter, imagine where he might be in relief.

Hernandez last 7 appearances in A+ - 24.2ip, 20h, 14bb, 28k, 3.28 era
and his AFL performance - 18.2ip, 19h, 6bb, 25k, 3.38 era.  

Bradish last 11 games in A+ - 50.2ip, 44h, 26bb, 56k, 3.91 era.  

I agree that they'll both start at AA in 2020.  

Honestly don't feel like Hernandez delivery is any more high effort than a bunch of guys with sustained major league success.  

If they perform well this year, they could be on the major league depth chart by mid year.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Hernandez last 7 appearances in A+ - 24.2ip, 20h, 14bb, 28k, 3.28 era
and his AFL performance - 18.2ip, 19h, 6bb, 25k, 3.38 era.  

Bradish last 11 games in A+ - 50.2ip, 44h, 26bb, 56k, 3.91 era.  

I agree that they'll both start at AA in 2020.  

Honestly don't feel like Hernandez delivery is any more high effort than a bunch of guys with sustained major league success.  

If they perform well this year, they could be on the major league depth chart by mid year.  

I honestly am not sure how Bradish gets as many swings and misses as he does.

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

gotta be that funky over the top arm slot with with release point for all of his pitches from a similar spot.  looks like his fastball has good arm side movement as well.  

I don't think it's the over the top slot as much as it's the downhill plan and arm side movement. But that's just a guess on my part.