• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why I'm confident Trout will be extended (but with an opt out)

6 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think Trout going to the Yankees is the most likely outcome. I think he is an east coast guy, as well. I dont think he'll want to wait for an opt out when the Yankees will be willing to give him 40 mil/year in 2021.

Hey, it's always been a right of passage in baseball. Good players put on the pinstripes, nearing the end of their career, to have the best chance at making the playoffs and getting a ring. Or adding to their total. Oh yeah, and then there's money.

Catfish, Reggie, Rickie, Baylor, Winfield, A-Rod, Clemens, Giambi, Sabathia, Cone, Boggs. The list goes on and on. Not all signed FA contracts, of course, but most did.

The list of players coming to Anaheim via free agency to pursue a ring seems a bit shorter........... 

The Yankees have only missed the playoffs four times since 1995, when Trout was 4 years old. Trout read all about that growing up, no doubt. The Angels have missed the playoffs SEVEN times in Trout's eight years as an Angel.

Plus, the Yankees are going to have holes to fill in the outfield, soon. Gardner and Hicks are free agents after this year. Stanton is best suited as a DH. Judge is too tall and not mobile enough to cover CF. And the Yankees will become desperate as the Red Sox win yet another AL East title this year. 

It will be time for him to take his place with Dimagg, The Mick and The Babe, as the greatest outfielders in Yankee history. The greatest of all time, mebbe. The Kid. Jersey Boy on Broadway.

Irrespective of any salary differential that might exist between a contract with the Yankees or the Angels, playing on the east coast in that sports media market.will mean beaucoup endorsement bucks for Trout. Suddenly, everyone in every time zone will be able to follow him "live". He will truly become the face of baseball with his smile, his performance and his exemplary demeanor, on and off the field. I would welcome him as the sports ambassador, wholeheartedly.

It might be by trade (the Yankees still have lots of young players to deal) or it might be by free agency, but I bet Trout ends up being a Yankee by 2021. The siren call is strong from New York.

Based on what we know of Trout, this is the exact opposite of what he wants 

10 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think Trout going to the Yankees is the most likely outcome. I think he is an east coast guy, as well. I dont think he'll want to wait for an opt out when the Yankees will be willing to give him 40 mil/year in 2021.

Hey, it's always been a right of passage in baseball. Good players put on the pinstripes, nearing the end of their career, to have the best chance at making the playoffs and getting a ring. Or adding to their total. Oh yeah, and then there's money.

Catfish, Reggie, Rickie, Baylor, Winfield, A-Rod, Clemens, Giambi, Sabathia, Cone, Boggs. The list goes on and on. Not all signed FA contracts, of course, but most did.

The list of players coming to Anaheim via free agency to pursue a ring seems a bit shorter........... 

The Yankees have only missed the playoffs four times since 1995, when Trout was 4 years old. Trout read all about that growing up, no doubt. The Angels have missed the playoffs SEVEN times in Trout's eight years as an Angel.

Plus, the Yankees are going to have holes to fill in the outfield, soon. Gardner and Hicks are free agents after this year. Stanton is best suited as a DH. Judge is too tall and not mobile enough to cover CF. And the Yankees will become desperate as the Red Sox win yet another AL East title this year. 

It will be time for him to take his place with Dimagg, The Mick and The Babe, as the greatest outfielders in Yankee history. The greatest of all time, mebbe. The Kid. Jersey Boy on Broadway.

Irrespective of any salary differential that might exist between a contract with the Yankees or the Angels, playing on the east coast in that sports media market.will mean beaucoup endorsement bucks for Trout. Suddenly, everyone in every time zone will be able to follow him "live". He will truly become the face of baseball with his smile, his performance and his exemplary demeanor, on and off the field. I would welcome him as the sports ambassador, wholeheartedly.

It might be by trade (the Yankees still have lots of young players to deal) or it might be by free agency, but I bet Trout ends up being a Yankee by 2021. The siren call is strong from New York.

Thanks Clod!

20 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

I'll take that bet.  How much?

I used to give a shit which way the Trout situation will go, then at the height of "Clod being Clod" I fully accepted that it didn't really matter what anyone thinks or says -- Trout will do what he wants when he wants. 

The Angels have a future to plan for with or without Trout -- hopefully the things he likes about life as an Angel are enough to keep him a Halo for life, if not, oh well.  I just want the Angels to try to build a winner, continue fixing everything that has been broken post Stoneman and get back to being a first rate franchise.  They do that and I'm certain players will want to play in Anaheim.   They always have.

I understand why it will always be a topic of conversation, I don't expect it to stop even if he does re-sign, the narrative will simply change and people will still blather on with reasons why he will opt out/demand trade, regret his decision.  Whatever, just keep fixing things..  I'm fairly certain we would be hearing the BS a lot less often if only the ship hadn't run aground circa 2012...

Halos or bust...

3 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

This may be far-fetched but to me it seems more likely than Trout spending his entire career as an Angel.

5 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

No way Trout would go to the Yankees.  What they expect of their star players off the field are things Trout just isn't interested in.

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 7:41 AM, WeatherWonk said:

I agree 

On 1/3/2019 at 1:27 PM, Angelsjunky said:

Well, yeah. Why not? I am a teacher. I don't look at students as "winner" or "losers," no matter what they're grades. It is my job to help them become who they want to be, whatever that is - be it a brain surgeon or farmer or artist or mechanic. 

"Well into your 30s"