• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Philly.com: Sosh plus Trout

yk9001

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I actually liked the story. You guys have to quit being so jealous of all the other teams wanting Trout to play for them. 

I am not jealous.  It's just tired speculation.  It's boring.  We have heard it.  Why don't they go ahead and include a photo of haggard Pamela Anderson in a straw cowboy hat and a bikini?

Just now, Stradling said:

So Troy Tulowitski could pretty much play anywhere he wants and get paid the same.  He chose the Yankees, his wife must be from NY.  Nope she’s from SF.  I guess they’ll be separating now. 

its hard to pass up wearing those pinstripes iyam 

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

I've been watching the Angels play since 1966. If I had hung my fandom on any given player it wouldn't have made it out of the 70's. 

To be fair, you also haven’t seen an Angels player remotely as good as Mike Trout in that time. Not saying that changes it for you, but virtually any other player you saw could be replaced. 

7 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

To be fair, you also haven’t seen an Angels player remotely as good as Mike Trout in that time. Not saying that changes it for you, but virtually any other player you saw could be replaced. 

excuse me?

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Sean-Regan said:

Um, no.  I follow the Angels, not the Trouts.  
Weve had great players in our history, perhaps not AS great but great nonetheless... none of those names on the back ever transcended the name on the front of the jersey.

I am fine processing this whole thing based on whatever Trout wants to do.

If he goes, he was an all-time legendary player that was drafted by the Angels and was a stud while he was here.

If he stays here, he was an all-time legendary player and lifelong Angel.

I am 100% fine right now not knowing which it is and 100% fine with whatever the guy wants to do.

Trout has been so good, so classy, so respectful to the game, to the organization and to the fans, that I feel obligated to respect whatever he wants to do.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am fine processing this whole thing based on whatever Trout wants to do.

If he goes, he was an all-time legendary player that was drafted by the Angels and was a stud while he was here.

If he stays here, he was an all-time legendary player and lifelong Angel.

I am 100% fine right now not knowing which it is and 100% fine with whatever the guy wants to do.

Trout has been so good, so classy, so respectful to the game, to the organization and to the fans, that I feel obligated to respect whatever he wants to do.

Agreed. I’ll cry when he leaves but I’ll totally understand, most of his angels career this organization was in disarray. Could you honestly blame him? 

I still cant believe ANYONE wanted one second being annoyed at Mark Teixeira for "leaving" the Angels.  He was traded here mid season and then was a free agent.

I remember the stupid petty Padre fans "hating" Kevin Brown for signing with the Dodgers after their 1998 season (when Brown carried them on his back into the WS) when he became a free agent at the end of the one season he pitched for them after being traded by the Marlins.

They viewed him as a traitor.  So, so dumb.

If Trout has no intention of staying, it would be nice to know that now.  Knowing his character, I think he would have let us know if that were the case.  So I think there is a strong chance of him staying and it all comes down to the parameters of the deal.  

I don't think Arte would low ball him so if it progresses based on things making sense, he'll be a lifetime Angel.  But hey, sometimes weird shit happens.  

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I still cant believe ANYONE wanted one second being annoyed at Mark Teixeira for "leaving" the Angels.  He was traded here mid season and then was a free agent.

I remember the stupid petty Padre fans "hating" Kevin Brown for signing with the Dodgers after their 1998 season (when Brown carried them on his back into the WS) when he became a free agent at the end of the one season he pitched for them after being traded by the Marlins.

They viewed him as a traitor.  So, so dumb.

Complete agree with you.  I've been saying this for years.  Tex didn't owe the Angels anything.