• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Philly.com: Sosh plus Trout

yk9001

F*ck this article.

Trout, a Millville, N.J., native, figures to trigger the hottest free-agent war ever when, at 29, his six-year, $144 million contract expires after the 2020 season [F*ck this].

“Mike’s an East Coast guy,” said Scioscia, his manager since 2011. “But I know he’s going to take his time and make a decision. He never rushes into anything. I think he’ll look at what improvements are happening with the Angels and go from there. He wants to win. He wants to play for something. The one year he made the playoffs in ’14, you saw him shine [um, he did?]. That’s really going to be important as to where he winds up.”

There’s been no indication, of course, that the Phillies will pursue Trout. And, as for Scioscia, he doesn’t figure to be out of work long.

“I don’t feel like I’ve exited the game,” he said. “I still love it with a passion, and if I have a chance to manage, I’m definitely going to consider it.” 

The one year he made the playoffs in ’14, you saw him shine.

Scioscia become such a lazy liar later in life.

Postseason Batting

Year Age Tm Lg Series Opp Rslt G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB WPA
2014 22 LAA AL ALDS KCR L 3 15 12 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 3 2 .083 .267 .333 .600 4 0 0 0 0 0 -0.15
1 ALDS 3 15 12 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 3 2 .083 .267 .333 .600 4 0 0 0 0 0 -0.15
Edited by yk9001

"Trout wants to win"

Let's pencil him in as signing with *squints* a team that hasn't made the postseason since 2011 and hasn't won more than 81 games during that time either. Yes, Philly is setting themselves up for 2020+ but why does the media constantly ignore that the Angels are doing the same themselves?

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So Troy Tulowitski could pretty much play anywhere he wants and get paid the same.  He chose the Yankees, his wife must be from NY.  Nope she’s from SF.  I guess they’ll be separating now. 

Is SF going to contend this year, or anytime soon?

I think there is more than just the wife's desire, at this point in his career. It's probably his last chance at a ring.

Some players just want to play for a winning team and make the playoffs, I've heard..........................

2 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Is SF going to contend this year, or anytime soon?

I think there is more than just the wife's desire, at this point in his career. It's probably his last chance at a ring.

Some players just want to play for a winning team and make the playoffs, I've heard..........................

Yes there are a lot of things to consider when deciding where to play.  Thank you for agreeing with me. 

17 minutes ago, nate said:

It isn't a dumb story, it's just a story with no substance.  Local Philly publication writing about two popular Philly guys.

I think people are reading way too much into it.

Except Trout isn't a Philly guy anymore than a kid from Orange County that is a Cowboys fan is a Dallas guy. People read way too much into him picking a out of state team as a kid and thinking he's going to play for them. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Except Trout isn't a Philly guy anymore than a kid from Orange County that is a Cowboys fan is a Dallas guy. People read way too much into him picking a out of state team as a kid and thinking he's going to play for them. 

Millville is a 45 min drive from Philly.  He is a Philly guy but it still isn't the end all be all of how he'll choose his future.