• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yusei Kikuchi nearing an agreement with the Seattle Mariners

rafibomb

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t want to do that thing where I shit on Dipoto for the signing because I obviously don’t know the negotiations, but it does certainly seem high.  I also don’t want to be the guy that now questions the health of the guy I wanted to sign.  It is really about risk and reward, and the risk at that cost is too much for a guy that hasn’t pitched here.  

I'm not gonna poop on the guy either, but I have no issues saying that's more than I would have done because I did temper every post about Kikuchi with my concerns about his shoulder.  Maybe it's shell shock after all the arm injuries but thanks but no thanks.  Two teams dealing with different situations, two different levels of risk/reward.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No.  If the Mariners exercise the 4 year team option after year three the value of the Extension is $66 million.   That’s anglo math.  I’ll translate, it’s a shit ton of pesos. 

"If Kikuchi accepts the option..."

His option is the 4th year @ 13M.

Non-honky math. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Non-honky math. 

The reports are vague... 

Seems like the Ms have the option of exercising their 4 year 66 mil deal after the third season, but if they decline he can still opt into a fourth year at 13 mil per.

Both you guys might be right.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

He also made 1.5 mil his first year and didn't see more than 7 mil per until his 5th year in the league.   Very different pitchers as well.

Shrug. 2012 and iwakuma signed off an injury plagued 2011 season and after failing to negotiate with the A's. He was also 30.

Different time. Different circumstances.

Point being, pitching is expensive. Even for non aces. Look what Patrick Corbin got.

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

Shrug. 2012 and iwakuma signed off an injury plagued 2011 season and after failing to negotiate with the A's. He was also 30.

Point being, pitching is expensive. Even for non aces. Look what Patrick Corbin got.

Ms felt the reward was worth the risk.   JD has an idea of what he's trying to do and Kikuchi fits in...that's all she wrote.   

24 minutes ago, Ender said:

I agree, the market dictates that if you are potentially above league average you will get paid. Eovaldi is no ace, has no track record of staying healthy and yet scored a contract that would not have been considered reasonable a few years back with his history.

I think Dipoto cleared out buyers with this bid but it is far from unreasonable. It's creative and affordable. I just question the timing during this team overhaul but if that goes to plan and Kikuchi holds up then they have him for 7 years. If not they let him decide if he wants the 4th year or hit the road. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

The reports are vague... 

Seems like the Ms have the option of exercising their 4 year 66 mil deal after the third season, but if they decline he can still opt into a fourth year at 13 mil per.

Both you guys might be right.

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the team option is 4/66.  The first 3 years are 3/43.  If he takes the player option in the 4th year, it will be 4/56.   Ettin was talking about the 4 year option.   

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Non-honky math. 

sigh . . . 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I agree, the market dictates that if you are potentially above league average you will get paid. Eovaldi is no ace, has no track record of staying healthy and yet scored a contract that would not have been considered reasonable a few years back with his history.

I think Dipoto cleared out buyers with this bid but it is far from unreasonable. It's creative and affordable. I just question the timing during this team overhaul but if that goes to plan and Kikuchi holds up then they have him for 7 years. If not they let him decide if he wants the 4th year or hit the road. 

JD is going to trade prospects to make the team better  in 2020 if not still in 2019.  People think he's rebuilding.  He's not.  He's just recasting.  He traded Segura, Paxton, Cano, Zunigo, Gamel, Diaz, Colome and ended up with two prospects that aren't likely to see mlb time this year.  

6 hours ago, ettin said:

For the Luxury Tax is should be seen as two separate contracts because the player has an option to opt-out. So for the first three years it will be the $43M and then if Kikuchi accepts the option the latter part is 4 years $66M or whatever the number is.

@Lou read this again.  the latter part is 4/66.  He just messed up that Kikuchi could accept the option.  It's a team option.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

the option is actually 66m as he said.  in case you didn't know.  Rocket scientist.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

43+13=66? 

Rocket surgeon.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Non-honky math. 

34 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

the team option is 4/66.  The first 3 years are 3/43.  If he takes the player option in the 4th year, it will be 4/56.   Ettin was talking about the 4 year option.   

10 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

@Lou read this again.  the latter part is 4/66.  He just messed up that Kikuchi could accept the option.  It's a team option.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

read my next post.  why don't we just ask @ettin what he meant.  

WTF is happening here? LOL