• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yusei Kikuchi nearing an agreement with the Seattle Mariners

rafibomb

I don’t want to do that thing where I shit on Dipoto for the signing because I obviously don’t know the negotiations, but it does certainly seem high.  I also don’t want to be the guy that now questions the health of the guy I wanted to sign.  It is really about risk and reward, and the risk at that cost is too much for a guy that hasn’t pitched here.  

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Question: how does the 4-yr extension count when calculating the posting fee since it is now based on contract size?  if it doesn't figure in the calculation, it seems as if it's a good way of circumventing the rules.

I have no idea, I would like to know how it affects the tax as well.  

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I have no idea, I would like to know how it affects the tax as well.  

For the Luxury Tax is should be seen as two separate contracts because the player has an option to opt-out. So for the first three years it will be the $43M and then if Kikuchi accepts the option the latter part is 4 years $66M or whatever the number is.

24 minutes ago, ettin said:

For the Luxury Tax is should be seen as two separate contracts because the player has an option to opt-out. So for the first three years it will be the $43M and then if Kikuchi accepts the option the latter part is 4 years $66M or whatever the number is.

$56M